Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wingrave PRs - replacing old thread

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 17 Aug 2010 17:53

Here is some info I posted some years ago, but my name was not showing correctly on the thread, so I have deleted my posts:

I do have a few copies of Wingrave (Bucks) parish register pages with other names on them, besides BATES, for which I was looking:

burials
3 Jan - 4 Jun 1825:
Ann ELLICE, William BATES*, Mark FLEET, Elizabeth EAMES, Ann LUCAS, John KEEN(?), James BONHAM, John KEMPSTER(?)

baptisms
11 Nov 1781 - 28 Mar 1783:
Dinah PAINE, Thomas HEADY(?), Richard PRYOR, Elizabeth KEEN, John HOUSE(?), Thomas BATES*, Elizabeth GREEN, James HODGES, William BONHAM, William BATES, William BATEMAN, William COKER, John KEEN, Hannah ?HANNAH, John MORTIMER, ?Rose HONOUR, Elizabeth EDWARDS, Joseph ALLEN, William ALLCOCK, Fanny BONHAM, Henery BAILEY, Jonas VERNEY.
12 Apr 1786 - 14 Jan 1787:
William SMITH, Sussanna BONAM (sic), William EDWARDS, Newman BATES*, Elizabeth BATEMAN, Thomas CLARE, Thomas STEVENS, Sarah MORTIMORE(?), Elizabeth BIGNAL, Mary GREEN, William BOLTON, John WISE, John KEEN, Anne SEABROOK, Sarah SHACKLEY, Ann HARE, Nathaniel ARNOLD.
7 Oct 1787 - 14 Mar 1788,
William EDWARDS, William SEABROOK, Richard HOWS, John MANNING, Thomas KING, William SEAR (of Tring), Richard KEEN, Ann THORNE, James KEEN, Jane HEADY?, Anne THORNE, Joseph KEMPSTER, William GREEN, Frances BATES*.
15 Aug 1790 - 2 Jan 1791:
William STEVENS, Ann ROBERTS (at Butterworth Hall, Drayton Beauchamp; 'from ?Nampter of the Hill, Waricks'), Jane SEABROOK, James BADRICK, Mary GRIFFIN, Joseph BATES*, Thomas GREEN, Mary ?LUCAS, Sarah KEMPSTER, Elizabeth BATEMAN, ??Martha ?SHACKLY, John BONAM (sic).
24 Jun 1792 - 23 Dec 1792:
Joseph NEWMAN, ?Primula GRAY, Sarah ALCOCK, Thomas KEMPSTER, Sarah ?LONG, Elizabeth BATEMAN, Mary KEEN, Edward ?PERRY??, James GREEN, John BATES*, Elizabeth BOLTON, Mary DIMMOCK, Ann ?STEVENS, Samuel BONAM (sic).

(i.e. the ones that look as if they could include my lot. Asterisked baptisms are children of William and Mary BATES).
If you think one of these might be yours - I could post more detail for that one - or use PM.

Christine