Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joan Allan - gone but never forgotten

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Netty

Netty Report 3 Aug 2011 22:46

the following message is from Debby Wilson.

I had the pleasure of working with Joan in our searching for 11 years before she was taken from us on Saturday. Although I work full time during the day in the paying job, I didn't have the time to have the presence on the genes site like Joan (nobody could stay awake as long as Joan could!) We kept BT in business on the phone for hours at a time discussing and going over searches, Bob Hoskins did say it was good to talk! Joan and I started out as searching buddies and forged a solid friendship over the years. She was a loyal and true friend and will be so missed. I often used to have to call Joan when I had forgotten my password to the sites, and lo and behold I couldn't call her tonight to ask for my log in details for Genes. She will be up there having a good laugh at me thats for sure. Thanks Netty for putting this message on for me.

I know that Joans work down here may be done but for those of you that knew her you will have a little smile when you picture her up stairs starting to sort out who needs reuniting with who and getting to work. She is in the right place now, up there with the angels and the stars, she was both.

I had the good fortune to visit joan for the last time just a week before she passed, and true to form she was sat in her bed ordering her dear hubby to fetch her an adoption file that she wanted to go over with me! To the end she was still trying to help others.

My heart goes out to her family, Joan had a big heart and a big character and has touched so many people in such a wonderful way. I will miss her so much, but I really hope she will look down on me and continue to be my inspiration.
love you lots Joan, am glad you are at rest now,
nite nite my friend

Debby & Family
<3