Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

No more message notifications?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Donna17

Donna17 Report 15 Nov 2011 12:59

I wonder if someone could tell me, have GR stopped sending email notifications when you receive a message on the site?

The last few messages I have received I have only found when I logged in, even though my email address is all up to date on the site. I just wondered if this is a problem only I am having or is it a general thing now?

Thanks for any info.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 15 Nov 2011 13:05

I have not heard that this is a problem for any other members..........yet!!

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 15 Nov 2011 13:08

If you look on the Suggestions board - GB's thread re This site is a joke - you will find that the lack of email problem has been mentioned this morning and that Phil is looking into it.

I spotted it earlier :-D

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 15 Nov 2011 13:12

I have no problem with receiving email notifications when I receive a pm. I had 3 messages on email this morning to let me know that I had 3 new messages.

Donna17

Donna17 Report 15 Nov 2011 13:35

Thank you for the replies.
I will keep an eye on the suggestions board for anyone else having problems, and hope that my emails resume sometime soon!

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 15 Nov 2011 14:01

I have just noticed it says I have a message at the top of the page but no notification received (it says I have 2 actually but can only find 1)

edit - just found the 2nd it was a tree shared on page 10!

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 15 Nov 2011 14:32

Two messages received in the past couple of days, but no em notification.
:-(

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 15 Nov 2011 14:36

No notifications for me....Thought I had wooshed them by mistake :-)

Chris

Joy

Joy Report 15 Nov 2011 18:36

Several messages over the last few days - no notification :(

Andrew

Andrew Report 15 Nov 2011 18:39

No notifications here either.

Andy

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 15 Nov 2011 18:57

When I logged in this evening I foun that I had 2 new messages no email
Margaret

moonbi

moonbi Report 15 Nov 2011 22:37

same here
2 messages and no email notification

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 16 Nov 2011 06:37

I had an interesting one ... the white envelope with one unread message would not go away for a couple of hours ... so I went back four pages in my inbox

there was a message dated July 11 that I had never seen ( and had never shown as an unread message before )

I replied to the member and apologised profusely

then I checked my email ... there was a notice about the message which had not been sent on July 11 it had been sent on November 7 ... 07/11 ... 11/07

ridiculous

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 16 Nov 2011 10:55

I had that trouble a couple of days ago. I had two messages in my inbox so went to email box and nothing!! Thought it was my pooter playing up but it seems not. I now have to look at messages when logged into the site. Stillhaving trouble with that too, logging in. It either takes over a minuet to get there or I get the Error page come up. I usually end up going to a message in my mail box and getting in that way.

Mel

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 16 Nov 2011 11:00

It has just happened again!!!!

Went on GR and looked in my message inbox and there is a message from a friend and still nothing in my emails!!

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 16 Nov 2011 12:58

Yesterday, on this thread, I said that I was having no problem, that I received email notifications for 3 new messages. That was true at the time but since then I have received 2 new messages with no email notifications.

I notice, too, that I have sent messages in my sent box that haven't been opened even though I know that these people are active. They evidently haven't received email notifications.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Nov 2011 22:03

Yes I have had messages today but no e mail alerts.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Nov 2011 05:13

Estelle did post on Suggestions on, I think, Saturday, that they had disabled some of the email/pm system when trying to sort out the major problems with the site on Friday

This is probably what has caused the current problem with email notification of pms

I have had pms with no notification every day since Saturday.

sylvia

jax

jax Report 17 Nov 2011 06:25

It does'nt bother me whether I have email notifications or not, but for the poor people who have just joined the site do not know if their messages they are sending to people they are trying to contact are reaching them or not

jax

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 17 Nov 2011 16:52

Just started getting email notifications again this afternoon. :-)