Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grandads death

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 26 Apr 2012 14:37

Can anyone help me please to find the date of death of my grandad.He was George Henry Tucker. b1877 camberwell.
married to Alice Robertson.in 1899 in Walworth.
I know he was given an honourable discharge from the army in 1917 as he was gassed.He was a bootmaker by trade.
I have the 1911 census for the family but cant find out what happened to him after his army discharge.
Their children were all born in either camberwell or Lambeth.
Many thanks in anticipation for any help you can give. :-S

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 26 Apr 2012 14:46

Problem is there are too many possibles!

Sticking roughly to the London area:

Name: George H Tucker
Birth: abt 1878
Death: Dec 1929 - West Ham, Essex, England

Birth: abt 1877
Death: Mar 1945 - Maidstone, Kent, England

Birth: abt 1879
Death: Mar 1964 - Ealing, Middlesex, England

Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 26 Apr 2012 14:47

Have you found Alice's death?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 26 Apr 2012 14:49

Maybe??

Name: George Tucker
Birth Date: abt 1877
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1952
Age at Death: 75
Registration district: Camberwell
Inferred County: London
Volume: 5c
Page: 274

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 26 Apr 2012 14:53

Thank you brummiejan,
OOOPPS -- I'll go and sit on the naughty step again .I forgot to add that it would have been before 1944 as my nan was with her second husband by then. (Sorry)
It looks as though it could be the 1929 one.Many thanks. :-D

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 26 Apr 2012 14:56

brummiejan, you got your other two posts in before I could reply,Thanks anyway.

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 26 Apr 2012 14:57

my computor is so slow today and it keeps putting up half of what I am saying. :-S :-S :-S :-S

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 26 Apr 2012 15:01

No problem.
I suppose you need to chance it and get the cert. Have you double-checked no-one else has him on their tree?
Jan

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 26 Apr 2012 15:05

I have put out a few feelers but not had any luck so far.perhaps someone will come back to me on him. fingers crossed. :-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 27 Apr 2012 11:12

What was your Nan's name?
There are a few George Henry TUCKERs on the probate list, so it might be possible to match him to her.

EDIT
Forget that, I've just re read you 1st post...Sorry

Gwyn

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Apr 2012 11:34

Do you have your grandmother's second marriage cert?

Does it actually say she was a widow?

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 27 Apr 2012 15:14

Hi all,
I do have my nans second marriage cert and it says that she was a widow.BUT-----
I was always told that my real grandad was dead when I was little.So as my nan and 'uncle'( as we all called him,they lived next door to us) I believed this to be true and thought that he (my grandad) had died before they came to live there in1939-40 and that they were married..my nan was a very principled person or so I thought but I have found out that they (nan and Uncle)
didnt get married until 1954 when she was 75 years old!!!
I am now thinking that the one that you found' Brummiejan' for 1952 may be right.what do I do?order both certs or go for the 1952 and hope its right. :-S :-S :-S

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 27 Apr 2012 15:20

Well, I would order one at a time. The choice is yours! No way to distinguish really. But it doesn't explain why they never married until so late, unless her 2nd husband was also married.
Jan

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 27 Apr 2012 15:26

Hi Jan,
no, her second husband was a bachelor and quite a few years younger than her(24). I know we all find out a lot of things on here about our families that shake us but she was such a "stick to the rules or else" sort of person that I am so surprised that they married so late.Why bother after all that time!!!!Oh well of I go to order a death cert then, as you said one at a time.
Thanks eveyone for all your help.
Ann still :-S

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 27 Apr 2012 15:29

I would check out Freebmd first and see if anything else leaps out at you. I would be interested in later deaths if it were me!
Jan

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 27 Apr 2012 15:33

Thanks Jan
will try that first.
Ann