Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Big kiss is going to be given

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 1 Aug 2012 12:09

I posted a plea for help with finding the family of my granddads sister. I went on holiday in January and on my return I had a message from a GR member saying he thought he had some info that would be useful.

It resulted in.....he was the hairdresser of the granddaughter of my granddads sister. (got that??) He gave me her email address and we made contact. We were both over the moon and Edna invited me to visit her and I am off to Liverpool on Monday. She is going to take me to visit her haurdresser and this is where the big kiss will be planted.

This side of my family gave me the most headaches, but now I am at the end of my research journey and it feels great.

A big thank you to all GR members who constantly give help and advice that enable this sort of reunion to take place.

Kathlyn