Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

registry of death

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 13 Oct 2012 11:29

my greatgrandfather was declared dead inbetween 1917 and 1922 he just walk out on his family about 1910/11 my greatgranmother had him declared dead
so she could remarry, i have been trying to obtain a birth certificate for my greatgranfather he had a very common name smith, would my granmother had to provide proof i. e. date of birth my greatgrandfather and birthplace, or his parents names,dose anybody know how to go about obtaining a copy
of the declaration my greatgranfather was a frederick henry smith born 1876/7
birmingham , lived in manchester from 1897/1911
regards
allan glennie

Robert

Robert Report 13 Oct 2012 11:43

the first place to look is the local coroner office local to were your grandmother lived. as all deaths have to be delt by the coroner. then a search at the local courts to see if he had his estate wound up

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 13 Oct 2012 16:53

If she had him declared dead then i would have thought their should be a death certificate,

Where did the said declaration take place?

I cannot see a death for him registered 1917 to 1922 in the Manchester area or one that fits the dob in England or Wales

Roy

Allan

Allan Report 13 Oct 2012 17:08

thanks for the reply , what i didnt had before frederick smith living in blackley
manchester on his marriage certificate fathers name william smith house painter, on his marriage certificate he is ferderick henry on the census he is down as frederick arthur ,from what ihave been told down the years she had him declared dead about 1920 before she could marry thomas higgins
regards
allan glennie

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Oct 2012 18:43

Could this be his birth:-

Name: SMITH, Frederick Arthur H
Registration district: Birmingham
County: Warwickshire
Year of registration: 1875
Quarter of registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
Mother's maiden name: Not available before 1911 Q3
Volume no: 6D
Page no: 184

Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Oct 2012 18:50

Ah well............looks like your Frederick Henry is likely to be the one then. Just thought the Arthur H. for middle names sounded right.

Kath. x