Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with tree when cousins marry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 17 Oct 2012 17:22

Hello, There's probably an easy way to do this, but I can't work this out and it's driving me nuts! I want to show on my tree that a set of first cousins married. Can anyone advise me how to do this, please? I don't really want to duplicate their common ancestors.

Thanks!
Christine

Robert

Robert Report 17 Oct 2012 18:07

you cant im afraid. one of them has to be shown a duplicate person

Kense

Kense Report 17 Oct 2012 18:38

Yes you can. It's one of the recent improvements.

Add the spouse without parents then set that spouses parents to the relevant people in your tree.

Kense

Kense Report 17 Oct 2012 19:03

The announcement of the facility is in the Suggestions board, thread HIDDEN PHOTOS post by Phil Moir on 9 Oct 2012 16:48.

Christine

Christine Report 18 Oct 2012 09:49

Ken, thank you so much for that. It took me a while to find it, but I got there in the end. I'm now a happy girl! :-D

Kense

Kense Report 18 Oct 2012 10:16

I am glad it has worked for you.

I am surprised Genes haven't made more of an announcement about it, as it was one of the most wanted tree improvements.