Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dearie me

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JintyMcGinty

JintyMcGinty Report 22 Dec 2012 19:35

I think I'll be looking for a refund on my membership - I can never seem to get to view my own tree, I just keep getting error messages :-(

cookie18

cookie18 Report 22 Dec 2012 19:38

I've just tried mine i get the same

JintyMcGinty

JintyMcGinty Report 22 Dec 2012 19:47

The really galling thing is I had let my membership lapse, but had been nipping into look at my tree every now ad then, and it's been fine, its only since I repaid I'm having this problem - not a happy bunny :-|

jax

jax Report 22 Dec 2012 20:29

There has been a problem for a couple of days apparently, there are a few threads about it

Tree is free so dont hold your breath over getting a refund

On announcements

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/announcements/thread/1316168

JintyMcGinty

JintyMcGinty Report 22 Dec 2012 20:43

Thought as much lol!! Annoying though. Jx

Vicki

Vicki Report 22 Dec 2012 23:00

Hi, just got the same - had just nipped in to check on dob of an ancestor whose will I'd just got hold of, and unable view my own tree!!!

Says 'Service Unavailable - HTTP Error 503 - The service is unavailable'

Also, had just been automatically debited for next 6 mths Gold membership.

I'll contact the Genes Team and keep fingers crossed.