Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please an anyone help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

patchem

patchem Report 30 Dec 2012 23:44

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1289435

Reggie

Reggie Report 30 Dec 2012 22:51

It will only be in 'watched' threads, if you have flagged it

Try 'MY THREADS'

Duplicates are not allowed.................and research results may already have been posted on the previous thread

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 30 Dec 2012 17:07

I did a search for Peter Brown and Singleton on the Lancashire Records Office catalogue (LANCAT)

Northern_Lass

Northern_Lass Report 30 Dec 2012 15:24

That's Peter he died Newton le willows or Newton in makerfield as it was called then can I ask how did you find the details of William that's defo him thank you

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 30 Dec 2012 13:52

several trees on ancestry has him born on 19/2/1800 but no source given and they all look as if they have been copied from each other.

All have Peter dying in 1883 but one says in California the rest in Newton -le-Willows (Newton in Mackerfield)!

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 30 Dec 2012 13:24

Newton. Order of filiation and maintenance of William, bastard child of Peter Brown, weaver, and Elizabeth Singleton, singlewoman
Date 20 Feb 1822

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 30 Dec 2012 12:14

There is an Ancestry tree which has his parents as Peter Brown (1766-1830) and Mary Ann Lawson. No corroborating evidence is shown however.
Jan

Northern_Lass

Northern_Lass Report 30 Dec 2012 12:07

Hi it's not in my watched threads now sorry. I have tried the on line parish records

Reggie

Reggie Report 30 Dec 2012 11:40

If you have asked before.....please add to your previous thread

Have you tried

http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/

Northern_Lass

Northern_Lass Report 30 Dec 2012 11:32

I know I am a real pain but I am still stuck with finding parents of my grt grt grt grandfather Peter brown I have him on all census records and I have his wedding details but no clue to his parents please can anyone help (sorry) here's what I know
Peter brown born 1803 winwick near Warrington lived Newton le willows till his death in 1883 he was a carpenter. His wife was Mary Stanley from Liverpool they married 1823 Liverpool cheshire. Story has it Peter fathered a child before 1823 to a girl from Newton le willows called singleton. child was a boy Peter was taken to court and ordered to pay ....its his birth parents I can't find peters that is :( How do I get past this wall made of steel :( Sorry to ask again I am sat here with broken ribs after a per Christmas fall on shopping car park in so much pain so thought I would give it another go. Peters son James was my grt grandfather