Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Peter Norgrove/Laycock Ancestors

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nancy

Nancy Report 17 Jan 2013 07:04

Does anyone know how I could get in touch with Peter Norgrove on Genes Reunited? He apparently has a large Laycock ancestry & I'm looking to possibly find out more about my own Yorkshire Laycocks. I can only go back to 1802.
Nancy Laycock.

Pam

Pam Report 17 Jan 2013 08:50

Have you tried Search All Trees which is under SEARCH top right hand of the page ?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Jan 2013 09:33

Have you tried sending him a message via GR?

I assume the ancestry to which you refer is actually recorded on this site.................

You can't contact him through GR unless he is a member

Nancy

Nancy Report 17 Jan 2013 18:23

Thank you Pam & Reggie:
I appreciate your help very much. I found many Peter Norgrove names on our GR & sent two of them request messages. One was born in 1950, the other in 1944. So, wish me luck in finding more of my Laycock ancestors from West Yorkshire.
Nancy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Jan 2013 18:34

What is the source of your 'info' about this man having Laycock ancestry?

From what you say, it can't be GR..............

Nancy

Nancy Report 17 Jan 2013 19:30

Someone else on GR told me Peter had a large Laycock ancestry. However, I have no clue if he's put it on GR. Are you able to check on this for me or any suggestions?

Pam

Pam Report 17 Jan 2013 19:46

Message received :

Thank you Pam:
Don't know why I didn't think of it. I followed your advice & there he was, along with a few others by the same name. I've zeroed in on the Peter born in 1950 & sent him a request to see his tree.
Nancy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Jan 2013 23:55

Ask the person who gave you the info............. OR

You can easily check yourself by looking for the Laycock names in 'search all trees'

Lynski

Lynski Report 18 Jan 2013 10:18

I would suggest that you delete the automated message that is there when you find a possible contact in "Search all trees" and type your own message outlining who you are looking for and what your connection might be.

Most members are not happy about just being asked to open their tree without more information.

Nancy

Nancy Report 19 Jan 2013 01:29

Good suggestion Lynski. I should have done that. Now I might not get an answer.

Lynski

Lynski Report 19 Jan 2013 01:42

I would send him another message with more information about who you are looking for.

Pam

Pam Report 19 Jan 2013 09:48

Have you been to the Messages tab top right of page and checked Sent Messages to see if you message has been opened ? If it hasn't it will have an envelope beside it.

Nancy

Nancy Report 20 Jan 2013 03:21

Pam:
You're right, I haven't looked until now. I've been sending out those composed messages to five people & realize they haven't been opened. Thanks for the eye opener. I'll never send one of those again. They should never have been offered.

Susan

Susan Report 5 Jul 2013 07:17

I am also seeking Peter Norgrove as I understand he put photos of the family I seek - Fearon - on ancestry. I had I luck with a reply from him. Hope someone can put me in touch with him. Regards

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Jul 2013 07:52

If you have sent a message - presumably via GR - and he has not responded, then I am afraid there is nothing anyone can do.

If the info you seek is on Ancestry.....use that site to try to make contact with him.

There is no link between Ancestry and GR