Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree Help Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gee

Gee Report 5 Feb 2013 12:55

Cripes, now I know why I have avoided updating my tree :-|

Two problems:

1) It wont add the date of death on a couple of people, yet it does on others?

2) I have to minimise my screen to 50% so that I can see and click the submit button!

Any help most welcome

Thanks

Edit: Oh gawed......now it wont let me add the DOB

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Feb 2013 13:20

I had exactly the same problem when trying to amend birth info for someone whose details I had previously estimated........yet I could amend his wife's details with no trouble at all.

I couldn't even post the info in 'notes' as reference

Typical GR.....................

I'll just check to see whether I can now do the amendment..........I'll let you know

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Feb 2013 13:25

The stupid system now tells me there are no records in my tree for the name.............is it any wonder people are leaving GR in droves?

Gee

Gee Report 5 Feb 2013 13:39

Thanks Reggie, so I am not alone!

Ive just gone back to see if I can add the death date again, and what do you know....it's there.

Seems it was slow on updating.

Hope you find your lost relative :-S

Gee

Gee Report 5 Feb 2013 14:52

Arghhhhh

Does anyone know how to delete a child from a tree please. I added her as the daughter, but the buddy GR tree hasnt linked her up to her sibling!

When I try and delete her, I het a message 'are you shure you want to delete' and the ONLY box available to tick is NO

Edit: Now the YES box is showing, at last

I have added a child without checking the parent box so it is only showing the father as the parent, is there anyway of amending and adding the mother?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Feb 2013 15:22

Not sure if this will work................

Find the child........click on edit.....add parent....mother

If the father and mother are on your tree as married, it should come up with the name combination for you to click on................I hope!

Gee

Gee Report 5 Feb 2013 15:27

I tried that Reggie and it just added another mother! Thanks for trying though

I have also noticed that the GR tree is duplicating people and it wont let me delete them.....I thought it was me doing something wrong but no, its the software

........AGAIN

I might have to delete the whole tree at this rate

Gee

Gee Report 5 Feb 2013 15:35

Ive sort of managed to fix it. Deleted a whole line which left the child with a mother only and then I added the father, which seems to have done the trick

Now I have have to add all the others back onto the tree

Arghhhhhhh :-| :-| :-| :-| :-| :-| :-| :-| :-|

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 5 Feb 2013 15:52

Hi Gins~~~~~~~ To see the submit button go to full screen view on your PC "F11" and F11 again will take you back to normal screen view, some also have to use 75% view but try full screen first

For other problems you could try once you have the tree page open where your adding info to refresh the page first or Just do a normal delete history/cookies If that doesn't work then contact GR

Roy

Gee

Gee Report 5 Feb 2013 15:57

Thanks Mr Pie, I'll give it a go

Ive just done what you said Reggie about adding a parent and when I searched, same result as you, no such person exists!

The I found, that when you search for a person in your tree, you have to use commas between the names

............What a joke

trailertrash

trailertrash Report 5 Feb 2013 19:43

I gave up, found it so difficult after the old tree system.