Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Findmypast.com

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jax

jax Report 12 Feb 2013 16:37

I have full (UK) FMP which includes the British newspapers.....I also have the special offer US version but have not touched it since I took it out last August. I was hoping to use it to replace the UK subs, but could'nt get on with it

Janet

Janet Report 12 Feb 2013 16:23

No it's not out of date,

my main reason for posting was that some people had taken out a subs to FMP.com (the US site) some time last year when it was really cheap and had not really used it as the search boxes are a bit rubbish

I just thought it was worth posting to tell them that they could get the papers on the US site now .

the UK site has always had 2 subcription rates I think ( as do most sites) you get what you pay for .

Jan

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 Feb 2013 16:21

Right - Yes I do have full membership and can access the Newpaper Archives without having to pay any more

One problem - on the Newspaper Archives the person I entered has over 20 different newspaper articles about them. On search via FMP only 2 have come up and they are both the same article!

Inky1

Inky1 Report 12 Feb 2013 16:13

Just looked at FMP subscription page.

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/account/pay/anonymous/step0

For £79.95/year you get BMD's and census. You have to have the Britain Full Subscription of £109.95/year to read the papers.

Or is that page out of date?

Janet

Janet Report 12 Feb 2013 15:38

PP

You dont have to pay extra on FMP if you have a subscription

Jan

Thelma

Thelma Report 12 Feb 2013 12:22

Viewing the Newspaper Archive is included in the subscription on FMP.COM.No addition costs are involved.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 Feb 2013 11:51

Yes - but do you still have to pay to view the article you have found.

I know on the Newspaper Archive website after you have found something of interest you then have to pay to view the actual article.

mgnv

mgnv Report 12 Feb 2013 10:16

Jan - Thanks

Janet

Janet Report 12 Feb 2013 08:14

For anyone who took out a cheap subscription to this, you can now view the British Newapaper Archive now as part of your subs.

Jan