Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Free marriage records on Ancestry.ca

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 14 Feb 2013 18:36

Just saw an ad on TV for Ancestry.ca saying they are allowing free access to marriages in Canada in honour of Valentine's Day. Access will be free through the weekend.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Feb 2013 18:59

Thanks a million for letting us know Margee - have found 2 marriages for my family, fab!
Jan :-D

Thelma

Thelma Report 14 Feb 2013 21:00

I have just accessed the above records on ancestry.co.uk for free.

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 15 Feb 2013 14:50

Thanks Margee for letting us know.

Chris

mgnv

mgnv Report 16 Feb 2013 02:40

Ancestry say:

Access our Canadian Marriage Collection for free until February 18, 2013, 11:59 p.m. (ET). [i.e., 4:59am 19/2/13 UK time]

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 16 Feb 2013 11:40

Thank you Margee

This will keep OH busy today.

Gwyn

Potty

Potty Report 16 Feb 2013 12:00

Have just found a marriage in the above (British Columbia) but already have more details from familysearch, including parents' names and POBs. So, if you are looking for Canadian marriages, try familysearch as well.