Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with merchant navy, baltic

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 9 Mar 2013 15:07

Sorry about the delay - I have been on holiday.

Since I last looked at Google my post above has been added!!!

Are you using google.co.uk? If you are using .com (which is what is pre-loaded on a lot of computers) it is American biased. For UK info it is much better to use .co.uk

RStar

RStar Report 26 Feb 2013 20:32

Yes I am, but I cant see these entries on google? My Aleksander died in 1928 or 1929. x

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 21 Feb 2013 22:27

Are you looking for Aleksandr Krilovs? (I see you have Krilovs in your researching list).

If so, there are a lot of entries on Google, under "Captain Krilovs". They go back several years, and might be interesting.

RStar

RStar Report 21 Feb 2013 18:19

Is anyone knowledgeable about the Merchant Navy - either in Sweden, Estonia or Latvia? I've googled but can't find actual records. I know it's a long shot, Im looking for a naval captain in the 1920's. I think he was from Latvia/Lithuania/Estonia and travelled back and forth to Sweden with the Navy, may have been dealing in fish/transporting fish.