Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Problem on Ancestry??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wisechild

wisechild Report 22 Feb 2013 15:05

Trying to log on to Ancestry, but getting a site by the same name flogging womens´erotic underwear.
Anyone else have the problem?

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 22 Feb 2013 15:48

No problem for me.

Are you sure you were not logging in to Ann Summers :-D

George

wisechild

wisechild Report 22 Feb 2013 15:54

Don´t think Ancestry.co.uk should bring me to the Ann Summers site.
The top of the page quite clearly says Ancestry.co.uk.
I´m a bit past erotic underwear, although I´m sure the OH wouldn´t mind a look.

JerryH

JerryH Report 23 Feb 2013 01:36

If I were you, I would run a Virus check.
But it might be an idea to check your Shortcut properties in your favourites to see if the Web Address has been overwritten.

I think it is possibly caused by a spurious file that has made its way into your system.

My brother had a similar problem a year or so back and it took me several days to track it down and remove it for him.

Good luck

Jeremy

wisechild

wisechild Report 23 Feb 2013 07:17

Thanks Jeremy.
I have cleared my Firefox history & run a c clean. Tries again several times yesterday afternoon, but even inputting the full web address, I stil got the same thing. Then I tried accessing from Bling & bingo. No prob.
haven´t looked yet this morning. Fingers crossed. ;-)