Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Welsh police officers details from 1878 -1885

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 9 Mar 2013 19:25

Hi Thank you for your help. His name was Albert Wlliam Floyd born 1853/4. He was shown on my grandmothers birth certificate June 1880 as a police constable in Cwmbran but no trace of him on the 1881 census and then his wife remarried in 1885 showing as widow on her marriage certificate.

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 9 Mar 2013 16:45

You may find something in the Gwent records office.

Have you tried puuting his name into ggogle?

If you are willing to give his name maybe someone can have a look for his death record for you

Pamela

Pamela Report 9 Mar 2013 15:40

My great grandfather was a police constable in 1878 then his widow remarried in 1885. I can't find a death record for him. He lived in Cwmbran Monmouthshire. Any ideas where I might be able to find his police service record please. Thank you