Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sir Knight William Drury/Drewry born in Kent.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GHeather

GHeather Report 15 Mar 2013 11:51

Thanks very much for all the useful info, brill!

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 15 Mar 2013 08:31

Hi Graham, if you google, there is quite a lot online for the Drury/Drewry family from Bobbing. You may be able to find something interesting from there.

I took Patchem's idea and there are quite a lot of folk on this site with your William in their tree.You could be busy... :-D

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 14 Mar 2013 23:23

Hello Graham, it's probably quite a small minority of Genes members who actually use these boards so I'm afraid you're not likely to get much (if any) response.

As patchem says, you have to take a proactive approach to finding connections on this site.

patchem

patchem Report 14 Mar 2013 22:49

Why do you not contact all the other people on genes who have this family in their trees?
And then contact people with Drury/Drewry from Kent to exchange ideas and information?

GHeather

GHeather Report 14 Mar 2013 22:37

I have a couple of William Drury/Drewry in my family tree, do the other Drury/Drewry families from Kent link up with this person ? (Sir Knight William Drury/Drewry was born abt 1550, in Bobbings Court, Kent.) A bloodline, or perhaps just worked for him ? Anyone got any thoughts/ideas ?