Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Queensland Australia Marriage Certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 19 Apr 2013 14:57

I have manged to obtain marriage certificates from NSW via a transcription service, but would like a marriage certificate from Queensland, I have the reference, but have been on the web site of the Queensland Birth, marriages and deaths site and tried their e-mail address which is given, but it keeps on bouncing back. I somehow need to get in touch with them and give them my details so I can order the certificate. Any ideas please. :-S

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Apr 2013 15:02

Is this the email address you used? :-

bdm-mail@justice.qld.gov.au

You could try ringing them or writing to them:-

110 George Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Postal address
PO Box 15188
City East QLD 4002

Overseas Callers Only
International Access Code + 61 7 3404 3343 (call charges will apply)

Kath. x

Susan

Susan Report 21 Apr 2013 10:30

Hi Kath

That was the e-mail I used. I will write to them, many thanks,

Sue

Susan

Susan Report 21 Apr 2013 10:43

Hi Kath

Just to let you know I tried the e-mail that you gave me, and it did not bounce back.

I have just received an automatic reply, so have my fingers crossed that I may be able to order and pay from UK.

Sure