Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FREE access to Marriage Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

mgnv

mgnv Report 19 Apr 2013 19:18

A site which must remain nameless has free access thru midnight(ET)* April 21st to their marriage records.
* i.e., 5 am Mon, April 22 in UK.

My previous thread named the site and got whooshed.

Flip

Flip Report 19 Apr 2013 19:24

Oh, you got "whooshed" how did that feel? ;-)

Tracing your Ancestry can be really whooshing at times.

:-D

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Apr 2013 22:09

It is really pathetic the way GR behave at times.

They are in a competitive market, and have to learn to deal with that fact.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 20 Apr 2013 12:20

GR must also understand that free access on other sites is useful for many people and it will be mentioned on here.

I know that on FB all freebies no matter what site are always mentioned on competitors sites by members.

They are not the only genealogy site and until they are people will often be members of more than one site and as such will inform their friends on any moneysaving offers.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Apr 2013 13:04

The original thread would probably not have been noticed by GR..........some small-minded idiot must have reported it

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 20 Apr 2013 15:15

But the other thread is still there!

jax

jax Report 20 Apr 2013 15:23

There were two threads Margee

The other one did'nt get noticed by the small minded idiot, as they tend to stick to this board mainly

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Apr 2013 20:44

small minded idiot is obviously still ignorring RR's thread on clarification on when and when not to use the word ..................... or deliberately misinterpreting what was said by GR on that thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1322680

sylvia

mgnv

mgnv Report 21 Apr 2013 18:03

nudge

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Apr 2013 22:10

The S M I has moved across to FA board now...........

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Apr 2013 22:58

:-P :-P