Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Resident of Dunstable ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lizzylou

Lizzylou Report 7 May 2013 15:26

If you are a resident of Dunstable perhaps you can help me.
I have my Gt.Grandmother's death certificate which gives her address (where she died in 1948), as 205 Chiltern Crescent, Dunstable.
I haven't been able to find this address on any maps and someone at the Bedfordshire Archives (who was answering another query on the same lady) looked in local gazetteers up to c1953 & couldn't spot a Chiltern Crescent.
Do you know of a road name similar that may have been miss transcribed?
Or is there really a Chiltern Crescent ?
The certificate was obtained from the GRO and is typed.
I will be pleased for any help.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 7 May 2013 15:34

Is it actually typed as 205 Chiltern Crescent, Dunstable or does it just say 205 Chiltern Crescent. with no town afterwards

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 7 May 2013 15:36

Strange as it comes up on 192.com as 205 Chiltern Crescent, Chiltern Road. LU6 1EU

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 7 May 2013 15:41

Even stranger that post codes comes up on streetmap as Benning Av

Lizzylou

Lizzylou Report 7 May 2013 16:10

The address is typed as; 205 Chiltern Crescent, Dunstable.
The Luton post code looked promising until I saw your next message !
Thanks for taking the time looking it up.
In an ideal world, someone on this site would be living just around the corner :-)

greyghost

greyghost Report 7 May 2013 16:38

http://www.royalmail.com/postcode-finder/

Gives LU6 1EU as Chiltern Crescent, Chiltern Road, Dunstable - odd numbered properties 189-211 of Chiltern Road

A map from AA route planner shows Chiltern Crescent alongside Chiltern Road and probably backing on to Benning Avenue

Lizzylou

Lizzylou Report 7 May 2013 16:59

So Chiltern Crescent does exist ! Thank you so much Stuart & Glitterbaby.
That's another piece of the puzzle that makes up this lady.
gold star for you both!!