Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who will win the next General Election... ?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 12 May 2013 17:54

A leading UK politician, whose great-grandfather Charles Justus Schrod (born Carl Julius Schrod), a clerk in the General Post Office,was born to German parents.

Who could this be :-S :-S

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 12 May 2013 17:48

Well, I was going to ask if you'd used the "search all trees" facility ;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 12 May 2013 17:47

and I was attempting to respond responsibly to a genealogical question :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 12 May 2013 17:39

Sylvia :-D :-D Was trying to be diplomatic. Not easy for me. Their son was a good guy who appears to have been a JP and won an academy award. Grandson an outstanding banker ;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 12 May 2013 17:34

John ........

I would suggest looking at www.freebmd.org.uk

All marriages and birth (and deaths, of course) for anyone born in the UK between July1 1837 and (approx) 1955/1960 should be on there ................... if registered, of course :-D

As long as such events took place in England or Wales, there is no 100 year rule.

That site is free to use,

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 12 May 2013 17:25

Is anybody researching Harry FARAGE b Dec 1890 Q Epsom and Gladys V SCHROD b Mar 1898 Q Bromley. They appear to have married but have no details of children due to 100 year rule and no idea of antecedents due to the fact I am having a rest from genealogy this year :-D

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 12 May 2013 16:59

There was once a political party that took a very great interest in family history. The Nazi party required everybody to prove that their parents and grandparents were not jewish. Hitler was so keen to obscure his own jewish roots that he had the village of his birth turned into an artillery range - so any gravestones were blown to smithereens!

GHeather

GHeather Report 12 May 2013 16:14

I like Nick Farage! Hope he gets more support... so, he may not get every detail right, but he says and knows what people in this country want, inculding getting us out of the EU!

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 May 2013 15:29

Nicholas Farage is very keen to tell everyone he is descended from French Heugenout immigrants.

Yet it was revealed some weeks ago that he is in fact of either Belgian (who he seems to hate) and Flemish descent. And although I cannot remember the original spelling of the name, it changed over the years to become more French sounding from something that was not......

What a pratt - did he not think people would find out.......

Far too many politicians moan about the immigration policy of this country but do not look into their own families!!!!

At least Boris is proud of his Turkish g/grandfather.

Gai

Gai Report 12 May 2013 13:35

Thanks Joy.

I'll have a look at the links.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 12 May 2013 13:29

UKIP
http://www.ukip.org/

http://www.thisisdorset.co.uk/Ferndown-UKIP-councillor-shocked-delighted/story-18881422-detail/story.html#axzz2T546WN5V
:-S :-)

Gai

Gai Report 12 May 2013 13:11

Can someone tell me whats the UKIP?

Gai

:-S

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 12 May 2013 13:01

I think UKIP should do a family tree for all their candidates...just in case they have any immigrants they might want to send back ;-) ( tongue in cheek remark !)

Gai

Gai Report 12 May 2013 12:49

Don't worry I'm sure the Board Police will probably RR the thread because it's on the wrong board.

But in the meantime we can all put in our 2 cents worth.

GHeather

GHeather Report 12 May 2013 12:41

I think I should have put it on 'general chat', my mistake.

Reggie

Reggie Report 12 May 2013 12:37

What a strange subject for this board...................why isn't it on GENERAL?

But I would sincerely hope that ANY Government would have more important concerns than something as frivolous as FH

GHeather

GHeather Report 12 May 2013 11:53

Hello PigletsPal, yes, your right, going off the subject, however, you could say it's all related in a way! lol :-) Perhaps the next government will do more to help with our family research...but do we need any more help... ?

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 May 2013 11:47

Don't you just love these really interesting genealogy threads!!!!!

Gai

Gai Report 12 May 2013 11:45

The Australian Federal election is on 14th September this year and maybe I should give the PM lessons on how to search her family tree because if you believe the polls the red head will be gone.

i even heard a journo say that Julia our first woman PM will go down as the worst PM in the history of Australian politics.

Gai

GHeather

GHeather Report 12 May 2013 11:19

Everytime people want the correct: Laws/ideas and right actions brought in... it's called a 'Protest vote', I think they should rename it: the common sense vote!