Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Heather, Martha Trimmer...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GHeather

GHeather Report 20 Jun 2013 21:33

I've got back to Thomas Heather born abt 1775 in Sussex, who married a Sarah Woodroffe born abt 1774. Thomas Heather parents were: Thomas Heather and Martha Trimmer. I would like to get back further...with Thomas Heather and Martha Trimmer if possible ? Also to find out more about Sarah Woodroffe line... hope the records are still around...!!! lol :-) The main thing is Parish records... I always think when someone goes back to about 1570 and further... how they are sure they have the correct family connections. There seems to be quite a lot of Heathers' in Sussex, perhaps this is where the surname started, those living on the Heath or Heather land ?

GHeather

GHeather Report 20 Jun 2013 21:46

Anyway, if anyone could get me back to 1570, I would be very happy! lol :-D Not easy I know!

Reggie

Reggie Report 20 Jun 2013 22:26

Are you able to visit the County Records Office?

That would be the best bet....................

Renes

Renes Report 21 Jun 2013 00:13

Where in Sussex was the family from please

Renes

Renes Report 21 Jun 2013 00:18

Would this be him

Name: Thos. Heather
Christening Date: 22 Oct 1775
Christening Place: Woolavington, Sussex, England
Father's Name: Thos. Heather
Mother's Name: Martha Heather
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I03636-9
System Origin: England-EASy
GS Film number: 1041574
Reference ID:

GHeather

GHeather Report 21 Jun 2013 00:19

Reggie, I don't think I need too. Most if not all the Parish records are online now... but I still like people to help me out, let me know I'm heading in the right direction... and not climbing up someone elses tree. I have been given a lot of information on here... and I am very pleased with all the people who have helped. I'm trying to get back as far as I can with each side of my family, and people on here know so much, and how to find info, better than me, so, I find it very helpful! :-D ;-)

Renes

Renes Report 21 Jun 2013 00:32

http://www.sussexgenealogy.org.uk/woolavington/4564524813
Offering
The Parish Register Transcriptions - available as pdf download files Surname-indexed and fully searchable, only £1.00 per file.

From c 1570 ..... Very good price

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 21 Jun 2013 08:37

I sincerely wish most if not all parish records were on line!

Reggie

Reggie Report 21 Jun 2013 10:02

Sorry, but your comment about 'most or all' parish records is simply not borne out by the facts.........

(The county in which I am interested has hardly any PR's on line...............I have to visit the RO to get the info I seek)

If they were................you (and everyone else) would be able to find the info you want without resorting to asking on here

However, if you wish to use the GR members as a sounding-board...fair enough. Find the info you think is relevant, then put it forward for evaluation

GHeather

GHeather Report 21 Jun 2013 10:12

Ok thanks for the info Reggie. I must admit I didn't know whether you could find all of the parish records online... so, thanks for pointing that out Reggie.

GHeather

GHeather Report 21 Jun 2013 10:13

Renes: yes, that is the correct person, Thomas Heather etc... thanks.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 21 Jun 2013 10:13

Have you checked ' Search all Member Trees' (top right of page, under 'Search')

Chris :)

GHeather

GHeather Report 21 Jun 2013 10:15

Yes, I've checked a few... Chris Ho :)

GHeather

GHeather Report 27 Jun 2013 22:20

So, seems I can only go back to Thomas Heather and Martha Trimmer.

Renes

Renes Report 27 Jun 2013 23:39

Did you check out the Sussex Genealogy link I put up

for Woolavington ............ for possible baptism of either of them

would have thought it was worth a pound to have the parish records

GHeather

GHeather Report 28 Jun 2013 11:13

I will take a look again, thanks Renes. I keep getting a blank dark grey colour when I go to the W parish you mention ?

safc

safc Report 28 Jun 2013 13:24

you can buy this cd for £3

http://www.parishchest.com/woolavington_st._peter_parish_registers__P89908

GHeather

GHeather Report 28 Jun 2013 17:39

Ok thanks safc.