Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ancestors/living relatives :double postings

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Jul 2013 20:33

Yeah! You've cracked the C&P of the thread addresses :-D :-D

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 23 Jul 2013 20:25

Hope you approve of my living relatives posting ; I didn't manage to put proper thread on I don't know what you mean by go to "research thread" nor could i find a browser bar ; I feel i should know what one is . but I'll try simple copy and paste and edit the posting

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Jul 2013 19:18

Yes - go to your research thread and copy and paste the thread address as it is shows in your browser bar.

eg, the one for this is
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1328485

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 23 Jul 2013 18:56

I haven't done all the BMD because the only sibling I have a name for was in Glasgow + i don't have access to Scottish records the other 8 siblings known to be alive in 1924 May well have stayed in Russia or gone to other countries .
should i give the ref to my threads showing research done

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 23 Jul 2013 18:41

Hi Alisoun, I presume you've researched any possible descendants using FreeBMD and other BMD resources?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Jul 2013 18:37

Link the two together with the thread address and an explanation.

Assuming you've done as much research as you can, add the details of the potentially living people - birth year and area, marriages etc - and say what further research you've done yourself. Don't forget to include known initials!

The initial reaction will be to suggest
Searching Trees
Facebook
Friends Reunited
http://www.192.com/?gkw=192+com which is ER from 2002 when it was possible to opt out. FMP do apparently hold ER covered in some subs. Otherwise 192.com is pay to view.
http://www.thephonebook.bt.com phone book on line

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 23 Jul 2013 18:01

Is it ok to add a thread on" living relatives" using names of people you've already posted on "searching ancestors" or "geneology chat" lines ?
Having traced Great Grand father i'd like to put a post up for possible living cousins but don't want to break rules about posting about the same person .