Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Richard III facial reconstruction

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 15 Sep 2013 13:27

The official facial reconstruction of Richard III does not look to me like a man suffering extreme stress, permanent backache and worms! It's far to fleshy and healthy looking. Although we shouldn't expect to see a Shakesperian villain, I think he would have been more gaunt, waxy, sallow and dark around the eyes and without that perfect Gillette shave. Portraits from his time or soon after show crows feet and the beginnings of wrinkles as might be expected for a man in his early thirties. These images certainly don't portray the gormless 'Stan Laurel' expression of the reconstruction with its slightly crossed eyes. They show the steely determined gaze of a natural leader.

Talented though the reconstructor is, I think she should review her work.