Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Keepsafe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

William

William Report 23 Nov 2013 05:42

Can anyone tell me how to allow another member to see my keepsake?
I have looked in help that tells me to 'view the record, click on share on the bottom of page". But I can't find share anywhere any suggestions ?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Nov 2013 09:23

Open your Keepsafe.

Hover your mouse over the photo you want to share.
Three boxes at the top of the photo will be revealed, one of which is ‘Edit.
Click on that.
On the next resulting screen, look to the right hand side.
Towards the bottom there is the padlock icon entitled Privacy.

Under that is a drop down box….
Shared with everyone
Shared with your contacts
Shared with your friends and family
Private. Not shared with anyone.

I'm not sure how the ‘shared with friends and family’ would work. The ‘Shared with your contacts’ would enable anyone who has access to your tree to view it.

Once you've selected your option, remember to click the 'Save Changes' button at the extreme bottom of the screen (right hand side)

If you set it to Shared with everyone, tell the contact exactly how you've named it. They can then search for the title and pick it up from the results. ‘Mum and Dad’ would probably produce quite a few results, so make the title unique.

Hope that helps

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Nov 2013 09:41

Why not just send an e-mail with the photo as an attachment?

GR's procedure seems unnecessarily convoluted............

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Nov 2013 09:47

That's true Reggie.

Although there have been recent reports of problems, the GR member-to-member messaging system does have the facility to attach photos, documents etc

William

William Report 24 Nov 2013 02:56

Thanks everyone I have done it now, I find help section in Genesreunited not very clear.