Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Annie Sarah Stewart (nee Smith)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Valda

Valda Report 6 Jan 2014 01:40

Can anyone help me find where Annie is buried. Death 1 July 1935 West Ham Essex. Q3 4a/118. She lived at 22 Spratt Hall Road Wanstead Essex. Thanks Valda

jax

jax Report 6 Jan 2014 02:24

Nearest to that address could be City of London or Manor park I would have thought

You could try to contact them

City of London Cemetery & Crematorium
www.cityoflondon.gov.uk
1 Google review

Aldersbrook Rd
Greater London
020 8530 2151

Manor Park
www.mpark.co.uk
Google+ page

Sebert Rd
London
020 8534 1486

West Ham Cemetery
www.newham.gov.uk
Google+ page

London
020 3373 1193

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Jan 2014 10:36

Contact the cemetery nearest to last place of abode.

Use google to find info............

Are you sure she was buried?:

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Jan 2014 10:45

Manor Park burials are on Deceased on line - there doesn't seem to be an entry, but there is no harm in having another look

The same applies to London Borough of Newham, West Ham Cemetery, Cemetery Road, Forest Gate, London, E7 9DG.

https://www.deceasedonline.com/

2047 internments for City of London Cemetery and Crematorium
(Also known as: City of London Cemetery, Manor Park) are on
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=658426

As the records on findagrave are likely to be mainly for those with headstones, it would be worth contacting them.

Valda

Valda Report 9 Jan 2014 04:14

Yes Reggie. I have a record of her estate where J Looker & Son were paid for lettering on gravestone. Just don't know where. Also payment to Chinnery & Son funeral account. Thanks

Valda

Valda Report 9 Jan 2014 04:38

Thanks. I have emailed City of London and Manor Park but will have to join deceasedonline to check West Ham (Newham Council).

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Jan 2014 10:40

You don't even have to register to search on Deceased on line. That is only necessary if you find a preview and want to buy credits to view the Register.

Unless the plot was purchased in perpetuity, it might have been reused by now. Never the less, the cemetery would still have the contemporary records

Valda

Valda Report 9 Jan 2014 11:45

Thanks have just looked on deceasedonline but found nothing. Not having a lot of luck but will keep looking thanks alot

greyghost

greyghost Report 9 Jan 2014 13:23

For the memorial masons there is this - established 1907, so may be able to give you information about the firm you name. If nothing else, Lookers may have old records stored somewhere

National Association of Memorial Masons

Address: Castle Mews, Rugby, Warwickshire CV21 2XL
Phone:01788 542264

----------------------------------------------------------------
and then possibly for the funeral directors

National Association of Funeral Directors

Address: 618 Warwick Rd, Solihull, West Midlands B91 1AA
Phone:0845 230 1343
Hours: Thursday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm - See all

--------------------------------------------------------

You never know, they may be able to help??

jax

jax Report 9 Jan 2014 14:42

My grandparents have a gravestone at the City of London Cem but they were cremated (Open book I believe)....not been to see it but also believe a plot was bought to include all the children for some strange reason

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Jan 2014 14:57

I see from her probate listing that one of the people named is Henry Herbert SMITH, costs accountant.

Is that a relative? Could she have been buried in a family plot away from her present address?

Gwyn

Valda

Valda Report 9 Jan 2014 21:36

Thanks. Henry Herbert Smith was her younger brother. Her family lived in Alvaston Derbyshire. I will try there. Thanks Valda