Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why can't I find a date of death.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leonard

Leonard Report 25 Jan 2014 16:24

Hi All
I started my tree some years ago and to be honest gave up on it due to poor health. I had so much help from a Lady who lives in Australia but have now lost touch with her. Anyway, I want to try to get back into it and thought I would make a start on finding out when one of my Aunts died. Her name is Lousie Rolls, I know she died in Edmonton North London, she was to ill to attend my wedding in 1969 but I was not informed of her death. I have done a search trying to find out when she died but all I get is no results and yet I know she died in Edmonton, can anyone please explain why I am not getting results. Thank you, Len

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 25 Jan 2014 16:28

Do you know her date of birth and if she married?

she may not have died!
she may have died in the last 2 years ....takes time to register on line

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Jan 2014 16:48

Have you spelt her first name correctly? was she single or married . If married what was her maidens name please

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 25 Jan 2014 17:06

Have you spelt her name "Lousie" correctly? was it a typo? should it be Louise? or Lucy,

Their is a death in 1970 for a Emma Lucy Rolls june quarter Hounslow vol 2c page 1299 dob 9 oct 1881

Roy

patchem

patchem Report 25 Jan 2014 17:19

I think Leonard's mother was born Lillian A Rolls in 1908, but I cannot see a birth for Louise Rolls in Edmonton.
Aunt by her marriage?

Added:
Born 1893, Bermondsey, Lousie, in Leonard's tree.

Added:
Births Jun 1892
Rolls Louisa Fanny St. Olave 1d 197

patchem

patchem Report 25 Jan 2014 17:28

This family for reference:

1911 England Census
George Edmund Rolls Age in 1911: 50 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1861
Relation to Head: Head
Birth Place: Newington, London, England
Civil Parish: Edmonton County/Island: Middlesex
Street Address: 13 Gordon Road, Lower Edmonton, Edmonton
Marital status: Married Occupation: Engineers Labourer
Registration District: Edmonton
Registration District Number: 132 Sub-registration District: Edmonton
ED, institution, or vessel: 30 Household Schedule Number: 5 Piece: 7380
George Edmund Rolls 50
Fanny Sarah Rolls 46
Lousia Fanny Rolls 18
Frances Jane Rolls 16
George Alfred Rolls 14
Edith Mary Rolls 11
Lilian Alice Rolls 2
Thomas Rolls 40
Source Citation: Class: RG14; Piece: 7380; Schedule Number: 5.

patchem

patchem Report 25 Jan 2014 17:30

Louisa Fanny Rolls
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1892
Spouse Name: Frederick Carter
Spouse Age: 25
Record Type: Marriage
Event Date: 9 Jun 1912
Parish: Lower Edmonton St Peter
Borough: Enfield
Father Name: George Rolls
Spouse Father: William Carter
Register Type: Parish Register
Source Citation: London Metropolitan Archives, Saint Peter, Lower Edmonton, Register of marriages, DRO/061, Item 008.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 25 Jan 2014 17:46

When looking for the death it's worth noting that the registration district of Edmonton Registration County : Middlesex was abolished in 1965 and become part of Enfield and Haringey registration districts which comes under Registration County : Greater London

Roy

Mary

Mary Report 25 Jan 2014 17:51

Louisa fanny carter born 1892 died Enfield
Greater London Sept 1968
V5b
P 122.

Maryb.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 25 Jan 2014 17:54

Their is a death in 1976 for Louisa Rolls

March quarter Kingston/T vol 13 page 2660 dob 11 apr 1890

Kingston upon thames is registration county Greater London

Roy

Mary

Mary Report 25 Jan 2014 17:56

Electoral Rolls 1927 through to 1964 35,Gordon Rd Enfield Edmonton
Louisa Fanny Carter and family.

Must be her on marriage cert her address was 13,Gordon road!!

Maryb

patchem

patchem Report 25 Jan 2014 18:00

If the marriage and death are for Louisa, then she was married which is why she was not showing as Louisa Rolls, and she had already died before your wedding.

Leonard

Leonard Report 28 Jan 2014 19:05

Thank you all so much for your help. I made a big mistake entering Louisa's maiden name and not her married name. it was Carter. And special thank's to Patchem who provided her husband's name and his fathers name, and also where they were married, I did not have any of this information, but she did live at 13 Gordon Road. The only thing I find strange is that I went to her house sometime in 1968 with my wife to be, to ask her and my cousins to our wedding that took place in 1969, I remember her saying that she would not be able to come due to poor health, However, her son's came to my wedding and did not even tell me Louisa had passed away, strange, this is why I thought she had died sometime after my marriage. Once again thank you for all your help. By the way the lady from Australia that gave me so much help I believe posted under the name of Babs, I think, perhaps some of you might know her. Len