Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Babies born at willersley castle between 1940-1945

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gogo

Gogo Report 26 Feb 2014 14:29

I was born in 1944 at willersley castle Matlock and would like to hear from anybody also born around that time. My mother was evacuated from London she lived in Edmonton the name of Emily Lyon. I now live around southgate/enfield area.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Feb 2014 16:53

Look for the names using freebmd..........

..........then look for those names in 'search all member trees' - under the 'search ' button

If yuo find any links......send a contact message

Unless any of these people is a member of GR who actively uses the boards, none of them will see your post

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 26 Feb 2014 19:02

Can we ask why you are looking for these people coz I cant see the significance of your request

I THINK I have your birth and your mums marriage but why would she have been evacuated in that year? if she was an adult

Kense

Kense Report 26 Feb 2014 21:10

Many mothers of children under 5, and pregnant women were evacuated.

Gogo

Gogo Report 26 Feb 2014 21:19

Because the Clapton salvation mothers home had been bombed and pregnant mothers booked there had the choice of going to derby no doubt that's the choice she made. My reason for asking if any one else lives near me also born there is it would be nice to maybe talk about the past even meet up . May I ask how you know information about my mother.

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 27 Feb 2014 10:01

Josaphine you gave your mothers name and your year of birth. So we can see your birth and your mothers marriage and your marriage.

It is not always good to put such info on a thread.

Kense

Kense Report 27 Feb 2014 10:11

Josephine, it is a good idea to go to ACCOUNT (at top of page) and set your boardname to be used in messages, otherwise anyone can see your surname.

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 28 Feb 2014 13:24

Many years ago we use to tell people on here to change their names and use whats called a board name ...then prehaps a years ago a fight broke out on here to say people didnt want board names .....

so peeps heres a reason why!!?? you should use a board name

I havent put up these details but I wasnt aware of the fire at the home or the home its self .........

Try googling the name of the home and adding forum or chat SOMETIMES it brings up some stuff

you may need to double check your ACCOUNT as your name still shows ...if you have changed it at both NAME points in ACCOUNT then contact genes to help you