Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

peter redfearn/ patricia redfearn

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

amanda

amanda Report 24 Apr 2014 20:11

Could I please have some info trying to find a divorce record I dont have a marriage record just no that the marriage was in 1980 and spouse maiden name was wilson does anybody no how I would find this info thank you

jax

jax Report 24 Apr 2014 21:20

You will not find any divorce records that recent on line....

What makes you think they are divorced?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Apr 2014 21:24

What is it you are actually looking for?

The marriage is 1980 Lancashire if its that record you are looking for then can PM it

jax

jax Report 24 Apr 2014 21:28

Hope no one goes looking for my divorce.....well they wont one...I prefer the separated status :-D

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Apr 2014 09:30

Why do you ask on here for such recent info?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Apr 2014 10:16

1980 it might be 'yesterday' for many posters, but 'history' for others. Its probably a generation thing ;-)

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 25 Apr 2014 11:18

Very true Det! I still find it rather unsettling when my grandchildren talk about the 70's and 80's as though looking back into pre-historic times. :-D

As Amanda is a fairly new poster, I will let her know that she has replies to her query :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Apr 2014 11:43

*A* Patricia Redfearn married in 1985 in the Tamside reg district. Was this what prompted your query?

Unfortunately, you are unable to order the certificate to see her status unless you have certain details.

From GRO
Q7. Can I order a certificate for events which have taken place during the last 50 years?
GRO has a policy in place where full identifying information is requested for applications where the event occurred in the last 50 years. You will be prompted to supply this information when you order online and in the case of births, will be asked for the forename and surname recorded in the entry, the date and place of birth, father’s full name (if shown in the entry) and mother’s maiden name (if applicable).

jax

jax Report 25 Apr 2014 13:11

So what are you asked re marriage certs DET? I thought it was only birth certs it applied to....

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Apr 2014 16:06

It's only birth certs under 50 years old that you need to supply the full info for .

Marriage and death certs you can apply for by the GRO Ref

amanda

amanda Report 25 Apr 2014 17:39

It is not the marriage I need its the date of the divorce trying to get a copy but as I dont no enough info they cant help me so thought id try here thanks guys for all ur replys :-D

jax

jax Report 25 Apr 2014 18:01

Why would you want someones divorce date or details especially if they are still living.....why not ask one of them?

amanda

amanda Report 25 Apr 2014 18:16

Both of them have passed away