Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Australia search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Quoy

Quoy Report 4 May 2014 15:56

Just received this via a relative on Facebook

At least 35 years ago Wayne and I purchased a caravan. We found some precious old photos and family memorabilia in an old stocking box above the bed. At the time I tried all avenues available with no success finding their owner or family. Yesterday I was cleaning out and came upon these things again and decided to try social media. The family name is Mansfield. From South Australia The person they seem to belong to is Doreen Selma Mansfield, she was born on July 30th 1927, at Wayville South Australia. She was christened and confirmed in a town called Lameroo. in the Baptist Church. She also attended school in Lameroo and obtained a qualifying certificate from the primary school there in 1941.Some of the photographs are presumably Doreen ,while others are early generations of the family.. Have no Idea of her married name or if indeed she was married. Surely there are descendants out there who would love to have these .Hoping all my facebook friends could share this and maybe we will be able to trace her family . I would love these things to be where they belong. I know if they were mine I would want to have them.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 May 2014 17:27

Can't find anything about Doreen, I fear, but this is interesting about Lameroo.

http://www.murrayriver.com.au/lameroo/lameroo-history/

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 May 2014 20:38

There is this section of a family tree online. If you scroll to the bottom of the page there is a Doreen Mansfield. Her mother's name is Selma and they are from Adelaide, South Australia. It may not help but will give some extra names to look for:-

http://www.sellstrom.net/mansfield/pafg06.htm

Kath. x

Valerie

Valerie Report 5 May 2014 01:53

The 'South Australian State Library' (on-line) has an 'Ask a librarian' service. They will check electoral rolls -(past & present). Hopefully they should be able to trace Doreen.

Valerie (WAus)

Quoy

Quoy Report 5 May 2014 06:12

thank you all for your replies I have sent replies on
will let you know if anything happens

Kay????

Kay???? Report 5 May 2014 15:40

Ancestry search shows,,,,,in Australian mariages,

Doreen Selma Kleeman....a sub will be needed to see full details of spouse surname.

Maddie

Maddie Report 6 May 2014 11:59

if applcable
maybe not bearing in mind the year

Australia Marriage Index, 1788-1950 about Doreen Selma Kleeman
Name: Doreen Selma Kleeman
Spouse Name: Alfred Benjamin Kuchel
Marriage Date: 17 Jul 1935
Marriage Place: South Australia
Registration Place: South Australia
Registration Year: 1933-1937
Page Number: 2498