Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Updating Genes Reunited Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoannePeterson

JoannePeterson Report 14 Aug 2014 21:53

I utilize Family Tree Maker as my main working research point and have it linked with Ancestry. I do, however, have a tree on GR which is now, unfortunately, very outdated. I would like to bring the GR tree up to date and would appreciate suggestions on how to go about doing this update on GR without typing in all of the data that I have amassed since my last GEDCOM import.

Would it be best to delete the tree already on GR and upload a new one? Would it be best to upload the newest GEDCOM as a second tree on GR (if this is even possible)?

Any and all advise will be given thorough consideration before I proceed.

Thank you, Joanne :-S

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 14 Aug 2014 22:26

A new Gedcom uploaded to Genes will over-ride the old one.

Kense

Kense Report 15 Aug 2014 08:57

Yes, as Andysmum has said. It works fine.

However at present there may be a temporary problem with GEDCOMs on GR (Mine is stuck on export pending, GR Srpport are aware).