Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

'Jack' Rufus John Owens = b. 1919

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 19 May 2015 21:42

Hi

I'm trying to trace any relative of 'Jack' Rufus John Owens. If you are a relative or know of anyone connected to Jack can you please contact me.

It's really important.

Thank you

Paul

greyghost

greyghost Report 19 May 2015 21:57

It is unlikely that anyone who knows "Jack" will just happen by your thread. Try looking under search - top right of this page - and then search all trees to see if anyone else has him in their tree. You can then try and make contact.

A little more information another time might help too, as we have no idea without looking where he was born.

You can use this free site to look for yourself http://www.freebmd.org.uk

The only birth showing is for a Rufus John OWEN and has his mother's maiden name as OWEN (not Owens). This is in the Pontypridd RD, Glamorganshire. You are either looking for an unmarried mother or an Owen/Owen marriage, both of which will be difficult to pinpoint (there are several such marriages in the area).

A copy of his birth certificate will tell you his mothers name and whether there was a father named or not.

There does not appear to be an England or Wales marriage for him unless under only John Owen and no death showing up to 2006
EDIT - sorry for missing the marriage/s and death - I must have removed the name variants once I found the birth under Owen. I see the 1945 and later 1978 marriage now.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 19 May 2015 22:25

Sadly if this is the right person then not good news

First name(s) RUFUS JOHN
Last name OWENS
Gender Male
Birth day 24
Birth month 1
Birth year 1919
Age -
Death quarter 2
Death year 1994
District PONTYPRIDD
District number 8624A
Register number A73
Entry number 014
Date of registration mm/yy 0494
County Glamorganshire
Country Wales
Record set England & Wales deaths 1837-2007

Possible marriage in 1945 Pontypridd

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 May 2015 22:45

If the marriage in 1945 in Pontypridd is the correct one then there are five possible children born to that marriage between 1945 and 1959.

Kath. x

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 19 May 2015 23:13

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1352103

Paul

Paul Report 20 May 2015 08:43

Thank you so much for the information everyone.

I'm sorry I was so vague, I just wanted to be careful. It was along shot but if I explain, my Mother died recently and she was married to Jack, she was his second wife and was with him up until his death.

Whilst going through her things I found a lot personal bits that belonged to Jack, Army records, photo's, newspaper clippings etc and would like to reunite them with his family.

It's along story, but for many years I did not have much to do with my Mum, I met Jack a couple of times, but never any of his family.

My Mum did have a telephone books with a few Owens in it, but I've tried the numbers and they have all appeared to have moved on or have died.

Regards

Paul

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 20 May 2015 12:06

Look for the children of the first marriage........

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 20 May 2015 12:09

Not in anyone's tree on GR........not even yours.

Put him in your tree.........if someone happens to be researching him, they'll pick up on it..................hopefully

Paul

Paul Report 20 May 2015 12:47

Great idea - will do Jacqueline - thanks