Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FMP 1939 Register FREE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gee

Gee Report 20 Jan 2016 16:55

Received an email today

We’re pleased to let you know that as a valued member of Findmypast from the 16th February 2016, we’re giving you unlimited access to our premium record set, the 1939 Register. This is only available at Findmypast, so you’ll soon be able to discover even more names, addresses and occupations of people in England and Wales on the eve of the Second World War.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 20 Jan 2016 17:13

Thought FMP said they would not be making this a part of their subs as it had cost them soooo much to produce.

Are we going to find this is not going to be part of the UK sub?

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Jan 2016 17:50

From facebook page

"We're pleased to announce that from 16th February, the 1939 Register will be made available to 12 month Britain and World subscribers as part of their existing packages. If you buy a Britain or World 12 month subscription from the 16th onward, the Register will be included for free."

Gee

Gee Report 20 Jan 2016 17:56

I only just renewed this month at the 1/2 offer

Well chuffed as I can look for people I wouldn't have bothered with before

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Jan 2016 21:14

BUT they also said in the same email that the subscription has gone up for new subscribers .....

...... so better look for any half-price deals, like Gins found, and that I used last November

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Jan 2016 00:08

I got the email too. I'm pleased that they have decided to include the 1939 register in the subscription. I reckon they have made very little money from people buying credits - they were just too expensive.

Kath. x

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 21 Jan 2016 02:50

Anyone got the discount code for FMP discount I was sure I got one offering half price but cannot find it however if the 1939 Register is now to be included may just bite the bullet and join even at full price.

Gai

Gai Report 21 Jan 2016 10:02

So I've received the same email as Gins which I find the timing very interesting as the email says the register is free from the 16th February yet today is the 21st Jan. I'm surprised FMP have given so much notice as who will buy any credit between now and 16th February

I'm also sure I'm not the only person who had credits left from the 1939 register. I had 25 credits left as I couldn't decide which household I wanted to look at.

Gai

Gai Report 21 Jan 2016 10:17

I've just tried to log in and look at the 1939 Register and use my last lot of credits but I'm still being asked to buy credits. But I still have 25 credits from the bundle I purchased which are valid until 20 February 2016.

Must be a glitch in the system. About to email FMP and ask for an explanation.

Maddie

Maddie Report 21 Jan 2016 11:04

in my e-mail they also included this

Three for free

Finally, we wanted to let you know we're opening up access to most of our records for free this weekend*, so you'll have access to records from across the globe for three whole days free of charge (Midday Friday 22nd to Midday Monday 25th GMT).

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 21 Jan 2016 12:20

As you say seems strange to give so much warning I was thinking of buying more credits but will wait and use money towards a new subscription. I am sure if they had not made it so expensive to access a 1939 record more people would have bought credit and they could have made more money still hoping I can find a discount for FMP.

Gee

Gee Report 21 Jan 2016 16:43

Lesley

The offer I took expired on Jan 5th 2016

There is this link that is offering 75% off World records. Never used it myself but you could take a look

http://www.genealogydiscount.co.uk/

On another site there is a discount code for 50% off BLITZEN14

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 21 Jan 2016 19:32

Hi Gins,

thanks very much managed to get a good discount for FMP I had Googled for discounts but could not find one now I hope they say I can get the 1939 Registration as well.

I am not mean but belong to Ancestry and a couple of Family History Societies and the Society of Genealogists so it can get expensive.