Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing part of the 1939 Image from FMP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 19 Apr 2016 10:05

Has anyone found out how to print just a section of the image rather than the whole page i have tried several ways but I just get the whole page I would like to print just the relevant part of interest to my family.

Thanks.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Apr 2016 10:24

Have managed it, but can't recall the exact sequence. It was probably option 1.

1)Try zooming in then saving to your computer. Print from there.
Or 2) Save to your computer, then crop before printing

If you'te worried about wasting ink, try looking at the print preview before hitting the button.

Kense

Kense Report 19 Apr 2016 12:29

Does the snipping tool work on it?

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 19 Apr 2016 14:30

Snipping tool ( windows PC) and Grab tool ( Mac) both work fine for me

I was saving just the household but, I now grab the whole page because most of the addresses have been ditto'd from previous entries

lesleymargaret

lesleymargaret Report 19 Apr 2016 14:52

Thanks for those suggestions, was hoping that FMP had a specific app or way will try those, I tried saving it onto computer, zooming in however when I printed got the whole page again, will do that again but save enlarged image first, the open that and try printing.