Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Glamorganshire FHS Annual Fair

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 31 Aug 2016 12:27

I wanted to go to this last year, but didn't find out about it until it was too late to re-organise my life!

So this year I started planning early, with plenty of time to persuade OH to organise his sailing so that I could go away for the weekend.

It is too far for me to drive on my own, and also a lot more expensive as I would have to take two days each way. So I am coming by train, travelling down on Friday 7th October, spending two nights at the Travel Lodge in Merthyr and going back on Sunday.

I am hoping to knock down some brick walls (my great grandparents didn't register any births until they had to!!) but even if I don't, it will still be an interesting couple of days.

Is anyone else going? Perhaps we could meet up for a meal on Saturday evening?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 Aug 2016 19:03

where is the venue please?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 Aug 2016 19:05

found it

Glamorgan Family History Fair - 8th October 2016

10 October 2015

Merthyr Tydfil Leisure Centre, Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 1UT

Free Admission
This popular annual family history event is once again taking place in the historic town of Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan. Did your Ancestors live in Wales? Knowledgeable experts are available to help with all level of queries. Beginners welcome. A wide variety of stalls - exhibitors include Welsh and English family history societies, local history societies, military experts, family tree charts, ancestral tourism, genealogical services, old postcards, old maps, local and family history books, second-hand books as well as museums, libraries and local authority organisations. There will also be free talks during the day by experts.

SugarAndSpice

SugarAndSpice Report 9 Sep 2016 15:06

Andysmum,

I will be going to the Glamorgan family history fair with my daughter. We will be happy to have a meal with you in the evening on Saturday. Hopefully both you and I will be able to break down some brick walls.

Looking forward to seeing if I can find something/anything.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 Sep 2016 20:15

Whitchurch, Cardiff parish records

have the parish records of births, burials and baptisms from early 1700's to 1932 if anyone wants me to look for some info for them

I purchased them at a Glamorgan FHS fair - I went with the lovely Daff

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 9 Sep 2016 22:21

SugarandSpice, that's great. I have sent you a PM with a few personal details if you want to contact me direct.

Ann, I might buy a CD of some other parish records, but as far as I know, i have no ancestors from Cardiff itself. Most of them are from Merthyr and surrounding areas.