Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry - Help !!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dea

Dea Report 14 Apr 2017 09:04

Hi all,

Has Ancestry changed it's format beyond all recognition or have I pressed something which has 'messed it up' for me?

On the search section I used to get a list of all the results and could open each category from there and get further lists.

Now, I can only open up one category at a time and get loads of huge pictures and can only scroll down the entries over several pages (If you understand what I mean) - anyway, whatever it is I don't like it !

Has this changed for everyone?

Thanks,

Dea x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Apr 2017 09:10

It seems to do that in some instances .sometimes the list of catorgorys comes up sometimes it's a list on the right of similar names for bmds

Plus if you go in and edit it's completely ignores the new info and comes up with the same listing that is a big chore to work through

Can't see any reason why it does that when only a search is being put in

I go out and start a new enquiry putting in any new info I have found

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Apr 2017 19:55

It did this on me last night ...... and it has also happened in the past.

This is what you are seeing??

Matching Person (from family trees)
xxxxxx xxxxxx Facer Family Tree
Birth: Abt 1904 - Lancashire, England
Death: xx xxxxx xxxxx - Oldham, Lancs (Lancashire)
Parents: xxxxxxx xxxxxx , xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
Matching Records

1911 England Census
Census & Electoral Rolls
View Image

Name: xxxxxx xxxx
Birth: abt 1904 - Oldham, Lancashire, England
Residence:

If you look just above where the information is showing, you should see there are two tabs RECORDS and CATEGORIES ................

click on CATEGORIES and you should get back to what you are used to seeing :-D

You will probably have to keep on doing it every time you go to ancestry, but my past experience has been that it does eventually stay on Categories!

Dea

Dea Report 14 Apr 2017 22:12

Thank you SOOOOOooooo much Sylvia - you are a life saver !!!!! <3 <3 <3

I couldn't cope with the site as it was and had decided that I would not be renewing when my membership was up but all is now back to normal. :-D

At least I now know what to do if it does it again.

Dea Xxx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Apr 2017 22:18

glad it worked for you!!

It'll probably open in that wrong way for a few days, but just keep clicking on Categories, and it will eventually learn what you want :-D

Andrew

Andrew Report 14 Apr 2017 23:50

Mine is doing this as well. Just have to keep pressing the Categories tab.

Andy

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Apr 2017 10:25

That's good info ,thanks :-D