Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

irish census 1821

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sandra

sandra Report 4 Sep 2017 09:52

Navan, Meath- the 1821 census shows 3 children, Susan Carson, 11 Anne Carson,9 Henry Carson,4. Their relationship to the "Head of the House" is son & daughters. However, no parents are listed. Why? Surely they would not have been living on their own? Cannot find Henry and Anne on later censuses. Might they have emigrated with their parents?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Sep 2017 10:51

Where did you find that census as it's not coming up on any searches for me

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Sep 2017 10:58

Found it on FMP

Ireland Census 1821 Transcription

Meath
Print transcription View image Household Members
First name(s) Last name Birth year Age Relationship to head
Ellen Carson 1781 40 - Transcription
Robert Carson 1803 18 Son Transcription
Richard Carson 1807 14 Son Transcription
Harry Carson 1817 4 Son Transcription
Susan Carson 1810 11 Daughter Transcription
Anne Carson 1812 9 Daughter Transcription

greyghost

greyghost Report 4 Sep 2017 11:13

Ellen is shown as a Pauper and Robert as a Labourer on that census looking at the image.

Also looking at the actual image -
Ellen, Robert and Richard are at the bottom of one page and the other 3 over the page at the top listed as her son/daughter, so a transcription might have missed linking them or looking at an image and not looking at the previous page would have missed them.

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 4 Sep 2017 18:40

Sandra....The next avaliable Census was 1901 and given Henry was born abt 1817 and Ann 1812 Its a distinct possibility both had died...Ann may well have married and her name would not still be Carson .