Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do twins have same ref no?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 13 Dec 2021 18:45

If you have 2 females born same day, same area, same mmn and fathers surname but the ref numbers and page nos are different, does this mean they could still be twins?

I am researching a fam tree and have 2 females born 1935(they could still be living) but the page numbers are different but mmn and fathers name are the same?

Any suggestions please

Florence in the hebrides

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 13 Dec 2021 18:54

Do you know that they were definitely born the same day ?

If the numbers are consequetive, they could be twins, ie. one child may have their registration at the bottom of one page and the other child could be at the top of the following page.

OR

They could be cousins, who could be the children of 2 brothers married to 2 sisters

OR

They may be no relation and the surnames are just a coincidence

Florence61

Florence61 Report 13 Dec 2021 19:21

Thanks Gwyn, i did wonder if they were cousins and it was a coincidence. The line numbers are different and the page numbers but the Q are the same, year and the place are the same.

I suppose only way to confirm means to order the certificates.

Thanks for the advice

Florence in the hebrides

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Dec 2021 20:43

Page nos could be consecutive though if one is the last entry on the page and the other one the first entry on the next page

Have you found the parents on the 1939 register to see how many are closed entries still

Florence61

Florence61 Report 13 Dec 2021 21:33

No shirley, sorry i dont have access to 1939 reg. I could pm you if you dont mind?

thanks

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Dec 2021 21:36

Yes pm me and I will take a look :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 13 Dec 2021 21:43

PM sent ty.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Dec 2021 10:07

How common are the names?

Have you looked for marriages of potential parents?

You say 'born same day' - presumably you mean same quarter - you can’t know which day unless you have the certs

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Dec 2021 11:05

We have been looking at the records and seems Mary was actually born 1931 but late entry in 1934 after her parents married

Was Mary rush mmn rush in 1931!

However there is now some anomaly on whether this is the right family anyway

Still checking records ! :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Dec 2021 13:23

Who is actually being researched?

What proven facts do you have?