Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Infant Sudden Death - Nellie Louisa HEATH, 1906

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maralyn

Maralyn Report 13 Nov 2023 16:55

Does anyone have access to newspaper archives?

There are reports in the South London Mail and Streatham News of June 1906, detailing the sudden death of Nellie Louisa HEATH, June 1906 at seven weeks’ old. Parents were Walter & Maud HEATH.

This is unknown relative on the maternal side of my family and I would love to have sight of these reports for my files.

greyghost

greyghost Report 13 Nov 2023 17:07

South London Mail June 22 1906

Inquest at Lambeth Coroners Court on Nellie aged 7 weeks. Walter a house painter of 4 Hurst Street, Herne Hill. Maud said child OK when got uo 8am on Thursday, just been fed and left to sleep. Prepared breakfast, and other children ready for school. 1030, went to pick ups child and face discoloured, called landlady and medical man sent for.In meantimes deceased placed in warm bath to try and resuscitate it. Doctor arrived and pronounced life extinct. Coroner, juror and witness asked and answered questions. Doctor made a statement and when asked if it was his opinion that the death was due to natural causes he said Yes and his opinion was due to convulsive fit. Jury recorded a verdict in accordance with medical evidence..

Mother had lost another child 2 years previously from diarrhoea and convulsions, ni inquest then.

There is another report too, will aim to send both by PM.