Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GOV.UK for births/deaths

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 10 Feb 2024 08:33

Good morning. Sometime ago (I can't find the message), someone informed me that on the Gov.Uk website you could enter a date of birth and it would bring up a date of death or vice versa. They gave me all the details how to do this. For the life of me I can't remember how to do this. Has anyone any ideas please?

Thanking you in advance.

Kathryn

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Feb 2024 09:14

Your best bet is to go to the site and check the options on offer for info input ;-) ;-)

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 10 Feb 2024 10:11

Thank you ErikaH.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Feb 2024 10:58

Probably not what you mean - but . . . . .

If the person died in England or Wales;
and if you find their death registration on FreeBMD.
and if the death was registered from the Apr/May/Jun qr of 1969 onwards,
it tells you their exact DOB (or at least what the informant thought the DOB was).

Before A/M/J 1969 it only tells you their age at death - again, depending on what the informant thought it was.

FreeBMD death records only go up to approx 1995-ish (varies from place to place).
You can find later deaths , up to 2021, on the GRO site - but that only gives you the year of birth, and not an exact date.

https://www.freebmd.org.uk
https://www.gro.gov.uk

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 10 Feb 2024 11:14

Thank you very much ArgyllGran most helpful.

Regards,

Kathryn