Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

anyone know anything about address in Chelsea pls.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 21 Apr 2007 21:17

My gt gran was in service and had two daughters both by different fathers and she lived at different addresses with the same family around london and then surrey but both daughter born at same address (not where she was living) and they are 12 years apart. On my nans cert the informant isnt my gt gran but a gentleman the occupier of the house. address is 369 Fulham Road and reg district is Chelsea. ANyone any ideas. d x

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 21 Apr 2007 21:24

Rose its 1919 and 1931 so wont be on a census just didnt know if anyone who knew the area knew if it was a place unwed mothers went to have the baby or something along those lines

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Apr 2007 21:26

What years are you talking about? Are you hoping to find this on a census? Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Apr 2007 21:26

Here you are: http://www.chelwest.nhs.uk/aboutus/history.htm Rose

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 21 Apr 2007 21:26

thank you Rose will tell dad as he is chasing that bit ofc his family and will keep him out of mischief. d x

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Apr 2007 21:28

That is now the address of Chelsea & Westminster Hospital Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Apr 2007 21:28

You could contact them and ask about their history. Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Apr 2007 21:34

I'll see if I can find out what it was in 1901. Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Apr 2007 21:37

Read the 6th reply here: http://www.rootschat.*com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=de74ca6b72f3e84283e850bc8872f1d6&topic=134520.msg603581 Remove the * ''369 Fulham Road I know well - it's the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital nowadays (my mum used to work there). I think it used to be St. Stephen's Hospital and before that Fulham Road Infirmary, connected to Fulham Road Workhouse: http://users.ox.ac.uk/~peter/workhouse/StGeorges/StGeorges.shtml You could try LMA Fulham Road Workhouse admission and discharge books, often women would go in right before they gave birth as they got free medical treatment. Records are at the LMA. There's also the 'creed register' which details the religion of those who came in and something called 'case books' and 'record books' for about 1919 which might have more information. (checking on www.a2a.org.uk for Fulham Road Workhouse) Try contacting the LMA directly: http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/Corporation/leisure_heritage/libraries_archives_museums_galleries/JAS/lma/lma.htm '' Rose

Kay????

Kay???? Report 10 Mar 2021 18:20

Christine,

Dawn doesnt appear on the boards much these days but if you click on her name the facility is there to send a direct message to her.which she will get notice of.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Mar 2021 18:42

Christine

You also need to remove your email address as it against terms and conditions.

christine

christine Report 11 Mar 2021 11:14

Hi Dawn. You dont know me but Ive just seen your messages on Genes Reunited. I too have info on the 2 sisters born out of wedlock one in 1919 and the other in 1939. The one born in 1939 is my partners mother.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 11 Mar 2021 11:22

Christine
You MUST remove your email address. That post may get reported if you do not.

Click on the Edit button and you then remove it.

Names

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Mar 2021 14:32

Christine

You don’t send dawn a message by posting on this thread

You need to click on her name and a separate page comes up to message

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 11 Mar 2021 18:53

I see someone Has reported the post with the email address.

Such a shame when posters don’t take any notice of good advice.