Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Top Tip

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 19 Jun 2004 09:37

If you know where someone is buried and would like to locate the grave go to your local Civic Centre and ask for the Parks and Gardens or Crematoriums and Cemetaries dept. Once there ask to see the burial records for the cemetary in question. Tell them ANYTHING but DO NOT tell them that you're doing a family tree or they WILL charge for the service (at the last time of checking it was something like £8.00 per person). What you will need to know is approx year of death and the full name of the person you're enquiring about. If you have a common name like Smith or Jones you will need to know the last known address of the person. You can get this info for free. I know, I've done this myself. Give it a go what have you got to lose. Good luck. Paul Blades