Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

brick wall slowly crumbling and 1901 lookup please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elaine

Elaine Report 16 Jun 2004 21:36

Help please and I'll pay....Hubby livid because I'm on the computer again(it's a different story when I'm researching his family)!!!.At last my elusive G.Grandparents brick wall has a crack in it.Sorry this willgo on a bit...JAMES HARDING,born c.1864,place unknown,I have his marriage cert to his Irish wife BRIDGET KELLY formerly JACKSONin 1897 in W.Derby,Liverpool and birth cert of my Grandfather JAMES ROBERTSON HARDING in 1899 Enfield,Edmonton,Middlesex.At marriage JAMES SNR,was a mariner,on birth cert he was a butler (domestic) then JAMES and BRIDGET are elusive.On 1901 census JAMES ROBERTSON is nephew living with his Aunt and Uncle the Deloes family in W.Derby Liverpool,but no BRIDGET or James.But in the post today came BRIDGETS death certCOULD I PLEASE HAVE A 1901 LOOK UP ON THE FOLLOWING DETAILS (hubby won't let me use his credit card because he's sulking about my researching...and my electron card can't be used on 1901 census),I WILL OF COURSE REIMBURSE BY POST WHATEVER THE COST!!!!.....BRIDGET died in 1918 of Spanish Flu at 14 GROSVENOR ROAD,reg.district ST.GEORGE,HANOVER SQUARE ,LONDON and JAMES on cert as contractors night watchman living at 5 GIMSWORTH ROAD,LAMBETH. Could I have these 2 addresses looked up please.I'm thinking Grosvenor Road,may have been a hospital or such like during the flu epidemic otherwise she would have died at home?.I'm now going to trawl through 1837 on line to see if JAMES SNR died in the epidemic as well especialy now I have an address for him and also 1837 will let me use my debit card!!!!.Sorry to go on but had to explain it all as best I can....With Thanks Elaine