Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone looking for living relatives in Manchester?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 29 Mar 2004 12:27

I like many have been searching for ages to find my half brothers and sister. 3 weeks ago i posted a message on The Manchester Evening News website. The ads placed are online and also get placed in the newspaper. Mine went in to copy on Sat 28th. On Sunday morning i had an email from my brother!! Its been a 35 year gap in all our lives and thanks to this wonderful newspaper i will be eternally greatful. The section you need is called In Touch, and you never know you could be as fortunate as i was. It was a friend of a friend who saw the ad. So go on people get posting your ads. Even if you dont have any luck the first time, i had plans to place them every few weeks or so, you never know who will be looking! Good luck to you all and god bless xxx