Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FREECEN, I NEED HELP!! Need to click latest reply

Page 5 + 1 of 19

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 21 May 2004 22:49

i've just emailed again! hopefully they will tell me what's going on!! chris.

~Von~

~Von~ Report 21 May 2004 22:42

Hi Chris I see you're having to wait a long time too for your disc. I've been waiting 5 weeks now and contacted my co-ordinator who tells me that Archive Books, where the discs come from, have quite a backlog - it's all the new subscribers I think!!! I've already ordered another one in the hope that the first one comes soon and I will have finished that by the time the second one arrives!! Von

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 21 May 2004 22:22

jo, i emailed a while ago can't remember who now!but they were going to look into it,heard nothing since! i think it was Bristol i was going to do!!! i'm doing births on bmd. chris.

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 May 2004 22:08

Hi Chris, where were you wanting to do for freecen? When you get your disc you will be busy! I'm doing BMD too, deaths at the moment so only do a bit at a time. It is a long time waiting, hope it comes soon. Have you emailed to say it hasn't arrived?

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 21 May 2004 21:51

never did get my cd,must be 2 months now!! not to worry tho',i'm transcribing for free bmd. chris.

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 May 2004 21:06

yep Karen I did!!!! :)

~Von~

~Von~ Report 21 May 2004 20:45

Hi Ann If you mean you're going on to a new Parish you enter the name of the Parish in column A and then carry on across the line with your first schedule number, address, etc. for that Parish. I hope I've understood you correctly. If not, post again and I'll try and help. Von

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 May 2004 20:30

Ann, do you mean the civil parish has changed or the enumeration distirct? Hasn't happened to me yet!

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 21 May 2004 20:21

hi Has anyone got the end of one section and the next bit say's what area the next bit cover's? Sorry what I want to know is do you put in the area which the next bit cover's or just carry on?? Ann

Rick

Rick Report 21 May 2004 14:19

That's the one Jeanette ! I'm something of an expert in the field. It's clouding over here now so I may need to find something a little less energetic to do lolol. Rick.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 21 May 2004 11:37

Rick Is that the sort of gardening where you sit in your deck chair with a beer planning what your going to do! lol My garden fence needs painting but there's a chilly wind blowing today. Think I'll stay indoors and clean the conservatory instead. But then again I might not! Jeanette

Rick

Rick Report 21 May 2004 11:22

It's a beautiful day here ! Am working from home this morning but have the afternoon off. Will do a few lines of transcribbling later and then go & do some "gardening" I think. Rick.

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 May 2004 09:28

Hi Ann, didn't come across bossy! Raining today so good excuse to site and transcribe!

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 21 May 2004 09:05

Hi Jo Hope I didn't sound bossy --didn't mean to. What's tidy??? Who can have a tidy house and be on here and transcribe??? Ann

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 20 May 2004 23:58

Jo Mine looked beautiful until I got to this enumerator! He can't write, spell or fill a census form in properly. God knows how he got the job. As for tidyness of houses - just don't go there! lol Jeanette

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 May 2004 23:42

Jeanette, I dont think its meant to look tidy! LOL. Does your census look tidy? Mine sure doesn't. My house should but not if I get on here! Best wishes, Jo.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 20 May 2004 23:30

Thanks Jo and Ann That's what I've done but I thought I'd ask as it looks such a flaming mess now with all those crosses and hyphens all over the place. Think I was hoping I could tidy it up a bit! Jeanette

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 May 2004 23:15

Ann, I didnt read what jeanette had wrote properly. Yes dont put anything in unless it says a marital status. Must be time for bed!

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 20 May 2004 23:08

Hi Jeannette I was told not to put a marital status unless it says so,don't presume. And if there is nothing in for the street to put a hyphen --if it has a ditto then you follow on with the above street name. My reply to my query I put on my last message---to put a U in the H column as it must be an uninhabited house. Hope all that sounds clear Ann

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 May 2004 22:46

Hi Jeanette, I would put the marital status as its written. If you are doing 1861 i'm sure they could still get married very young with consent. Will have to check up but I think for girls as young as 12. It can be very strange looking into so many peoples lives cant it? Good luck everyone.