Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Message for Eileen Conway

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 19 Oct 2003 22:35

found this for you....all you need to do now, is order the certificate for more info. This will be the only way to obtain info you need. CARTER, Joseph Year: 1862 Quarter: June Record Type: Births Volume: 4a District: Maldon Page: 223

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 19 Oct 2003 22:50

also CARTER, Joseph Year: 1884 Quarter: June Record Type: Marriages Volume: 4a District: Maldon Page: 505 possibly married an annie steward, are you sure this was not her name. could she of been married previously

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 19 Oct 2003 23:02

Hays_ Maria Hungerford 2c 408 1880 March Quarter you again will need to order certificates....only way to confirm the information. unless you can of course locate the marriage in parish registers but this is tricky

Eileen

Eileen Report 20 Oct 2003 15:36

Hello Siobham, thank you very much for all your help, this indeed looks to be the correct people. Its funny really you should come up with the name Annie Steward, because a very elderly second cousin of my mums has been going on about Annie's name being Stewart, but i have the birth certificate for the son William Carter, the address matches to the one the elderly cousin knows about, all the other details are correct except that mothers name is Annie Havard on Williams birth cert, odd that! Also i have found them on the 1901 decoder living in Plumstead, father Joseph born Maldon Essex, Annie born Erith Kent. Will order the certificates and see what that throws up. thank you again for all your help Eileen in Portsmouth

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 20 Oct 2003 15:40

Eileen it could of possibly been transcribed wrong Annie Havard to Annie Steward, they both end with ard, so who knows

Eileen

Eileen Report 20 Oct 2003 16:03

Hello Siobhan, It would seem unlikely, as the second cousin was adamant that the mothers name was Steward and not Havard even though i had the sons birth certificate, so not only the enumerators would have got it wrong so would the people at the register office, if you follow that. the only thing i could think it might be is that there is another family with the same names living in the area (hope not as all the research done so far would be wrong) but again the elderly cousin told me the address they lived in before i sent for the birth cert and this matches up. oh what to do next!!!!!!! send for the marriage cert and see what can of worms will open up!!! The elderly cousin of mums will be soooooo pleased when i tell her, i can feel a told you so about to happen. thanks Eileen in Portsmouth

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 20 Oct 2003 16:06

Eilen could she has been married before, as it would give her maiden name on the birth certificate and poss the surname form her previous marriage for the new marriage, if you get what I mean.