General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

dont get done get dom

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tinkers

tinkers Report 10 Jun 2008 17:11

does anyone watch this on the morning on bbc 1 would you dare go into a shop and buying something and asking for a discount?

JustKaz

JustKaz Report 10 Jun 2008 17:14

i watched it last week,.... went shopping saturday and was so tempted, then chickened out............ what a wuss.. eh :) xx
i think its good if you have the confidence to do it, good luck, me i think they say no so its ok, i'll buy it at your price.... lol
xxx

tinkers

tinkers Report 10 Jun 2008 17:20

me reckons it comes down to being cheeky and having the confidence to do it lol

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 10 Jun 2008 17:23

When I lived in a Market Town, and they had stalls, we always got a good bargain, if we said we did not have the right change first thing in the morning, the stall holder never wanted to loose a sale, and did not want to use all his change.

I got a nice pair of Mary Quant boots for 6/- old money , and they were really 30/- old money.

My OH laughs at me now, as I always ask if there are any concessions for OAP's when we go anywhere,.

Animal Lover

Animal Lover Report 10 Jun 2008 17:23

My Mum spends a lot on jewellery and does not hesitate to ask how much for cash - she always gets a good discount - it's in highstreet jewellers too. AL

tinkers

tinkers Report 10 Jun 2008 17:28

a couple of years ago i went to spain with family and i didnt hesitate asking for a discount as i think they expected it but over here im not to sure

if i was at a car boot sale i would haggle lol

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 10 Jun 2008 17:33

I got a discount on a motor mower a couple of weeks ago, from a big chain DIY store. (Have to admit, the one we wanted was out of stock and the only one left was the display model. It was end of range, so got 10% off. I did ask though, they didn't offer. I now wish I had asked for some more.)

Elisabeth

Jane

Jane Report 10 Jun 2008 18:12

My son got a good deal on an X Box by doing a bit of talk!!

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 10 Jun 2008 18:12

My son always asks and always get a discount on elec goods or else he goes to walks out ..it usually works.
By the way I worked for a car dealer and the number of people who come in and pay the priced asked for a used car is significant ... a salesman's delight! Always haggle for a used car the more it's sold for the more commission the salesman gets so there's always plenty of room to come down and go to walk out if not enough is offered.

Norah

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 10 Jun 2008 18:15

i ask the wrong people i think dom gets it cause he is famous