General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

If you remember posting

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 10 Jun 2008 19:48

on my "treading in their footsteps" thread,

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 10 Jun 2008 19:49

please would you give it a nudge?

Thank you.

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 10 Jun 2008 20:21

Joy, I can't find it.... I'll have another little look, but not sure if I added to it...

Take care

Love

Daff xxx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 10 Jun 2008 20:42

I know I added to it, but can't find it.

Gwyn

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jun 2008 20:52

I searched right back for it and couldn't find it. Any reason why it may have been deleted? Was it on Gen or tips?

Ann
Glos

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 10 Jun 2008 20:53

I added to it,

Caz x

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 10 Jun 2008 20:58

Thank you. It was on the general board. There were many interesting stories.

No, there was no reason it should have been deleted. I wanted to update it, concerning my visit to St Paul's Church, Deptford on Saturday.

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 10 Jun 2008 21:06

I'm pretty certain I added to it - looked for it earlier with no luck.

Have you sent GR an email, asking if it's been deleted? Who knows, they might reply? :-))

Angela

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 10 Jun 2008 21:11

Thank you for looking. I'll ask them tomorrow during office hours.

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 10 Jun 2008 21:14

I added to it I think but can't find it. Elaine.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 10 Jun 2008 21:53

Hi Joy, am sure I added to it. Have just looked at my most recent 15 pages of threads (back to about last september) and there is no sign of it. I remember it being very interesting - can't understand why it would be gone though :-(
Maz. XX

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 11 Jun 2008 08:37

Thank you. I have just sent a message to GR Support.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 11 Jun 2008 17:20

Reply received - only the first four words of my message had been received so requested to send it again which I have just done.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 12 Jun 2008 09:24

GR Support tell me that if a thread has been removed, it cannot be reinstated; and that a thread would not be removed unless there were inappropriate comments or it was unsuitable for the board.
I know that the former does not apply and nor does the latter.

I have registered my disappointment that people's interesting family history stories have been deleted.

Allie

Allie Report 12 Jun 2008 13:58

I replied to it Joy, it was a great thread!

I cannot find it either and last time I looked through my old threads it was still there.

That was a while ago though.
Hope you get to the bottom of it

Allie :)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Jun 2008 15:21

Joy, this is not the first time this has happened and each time there was nothing bad on the thread.

Ann
Glos

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 12 Jun 2008 19:14

Thank you, Allie. The thread was around a couple of weeks ago; I'd checked then and someone had added to it.

I am sorry to say that once GR delete something in error, then that is that, it's gone forever.

Very true, Ann - ie my we care about people thread, plus Jen's about her son, and others.

I replied again to GR Support, to the effect that there was nothing wrong with the thread, that I was extremely disappointed that people's family history stories had been lost by GR, and that I shall think seriously before posting anything again. I requested that my disappointment be acknowledged and noted.

Another reply came to me, thanking me for writing with my feedback, and saying that all comments are noted and passed to the management team for consideration. I was thanked again for my views. I have replied asking for acknowledgement that my disappointment has been noted.

I may post again, on tips / records; thanking Lynn for her daily thoughts; and maybe occasionally otherwise, including sports results. But I doubt I could be bothered to write about my own research, when I have received tremendous satisfaction and pleasure from "treading in my ancestors' footsteps", nor invite other people to share their stories, knowing that such things could be destroyed by a glitch or whatever.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 15 Jun 2008 18:22

A further reply received, but it was not relevant.

So, to those that had taken the time to post their research stories, thank you very much - I enjoyed reading them, and thank you for sharing them. I had enjoyed sharing mine. I am very sorry that they have been lost. I think that I agree with the review of this site in the May issue of a family history magazine.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 15 Jun 2008 22:05

Thank you, Posh.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 16 Jun 2008 21:48

Just a nudge, in case any of the contributors are reading at this time.