General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My birthday...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 10 Jun 2008 22:35

I would love a surprise birthday .I did a surprise for OH`S 50 TH and daughter`s 18TH but organised my own 50TH in a hotel, was so drunk couldn`t get up next day !!!!
Ros xx

Ails from NI

Ails from NI Report 10 Jun 2008 22:35

I'm off to bed now feeling rather dejected & unloved...

Ails x

Ails from NI

Ails from NI Report 10 Jun 2008 22:32

Jen - if I wanted a cake I'd have to bake it myself & put the candles on my shopping list for Tesco!!
If he has anything planned I'll eat my hat!!

Ails x

Ails from NI

Ails from NI Report 10 Jun 2008 22:31

I hope you guys are right!! I'm not looking for much really - a get together with my family is all I want!!

Ails x

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 10 Jun 2008 22:30

Went for meal on my 50th
sister and brother in law pick us up in car
going down road O H said he had forgotten something went back
thought o0000 my surprise presie
got to pub had meal no presie
birthday cake with candles on nice
asked OH later what he went back for
wait for it

A piece of paper with
A plan of how he wanted the candles arranged on my birthday cake

Thats men for you lol
Jen

Kay????

Kay???? Report 10 Jun 2008 22:28

Go steal his card and whoosh it up,,,,dont get caught out though as you may need to get glammed up pretty quick, could be a suprise in store,,everybody knows but you,,!!

Ails from NI

Ails from NI Report 10 Jun 2008 22:27

Plus it'll be our 17th wedding anniversary the following week - though I'd prefer being spoiled on my birthday.

Ails x

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 10 Jun 2008 22:26

Ali I bet your family have.......bet they will invite you somewhere....and its your doo..

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥ Report 10 Jun 2008 22:26

aw hun i do hope he has sorted sumthing and is bluffing

but if not sulk and make him pay

Ails from NI

Ails from NI Report 10 Jun 2008 22:25

When it was his special birthday he got a stretch limo (with champagne) to take us out for a lovely meal...

Ails x

Sally

Sally Report 10 Jun 2008 22:23

Your lucky Ails, mine does nothing but surprise me , and not always for the good. Oh well better the devil you know. lol
Sally

Ails from NI

Ails from NI Report 10 Jun 2008 22:22

I said about a month ago - "let's have a bbq here for my birthday, it'll save going out for a meal & everyone can bring their kids." Response was - "What?? Have ALL your family over for the afternoon??"
This evening I cautiously asked him if my SIL had been in touch with him as she was going to organise a girls day out if he had nothing planned. He said that he really didn't realise that it was that close to my birthday. I told him to come off it as he knew that it was coming up & he shouldn't have left it to the last minute to plan something!!
No, I know him too well - he has zippo planned!!

Ails x

Hayley   Empress of Drama

Hayley Empress of Drama Report 10 Jun 2008 22:15

Ali they are not capable of suprizes unless you tell them what you expect....I call it being lazy they call it being under the thumb..

Ails from NI

Ails from NI Report 10 Jun 2008 22:12

Thanks for that Tina - I've been married for 17yrs and together for 22yrs and my OH has never ever surprised me!!
I remember standing outside the card shop when he went in to buy my card - he wrote it in the shop & handed it to me when he came out!!
No, he really hasn't planned anything!!

Ails x

Harpstrings

Harpstrings Report 10 Jun 2008 22:04

I do not wish to build your hopes up in case he has not done anything. But I was led a right blinder last year for my 50th!

I had to pack a bag not knowing where I was going. The whole of the office knew where I was going and what present I was getting and they were all laughing their socks off behind my back. lol

Just be prepared is all I can say. I hope he has got you a lovely surpise *fingers crossed*.

Tina xx

Ails from NI

Ails from NI Report 10 Jun 2008 22:00

I will reach 'a magical milestone' next weekend & my OH hasn't even organised anything. He's not bluffing either!! He thinks it's just enough to get me a pressie - a weekend away - which I'm not getting until July when we are both off on holiday.
This time 2 years ago I was really ill & thought I'd never see this birthday. Am I wrong to expect him to show me how glad he is that I'm still here??

Ails x