General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

german relatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 16 Jun 2008 18:35

hi my name is sharon and im just starting my family tree. my mums mum was german so i cant find anything about her i found her death record as she died in england but as she born in germany i have hit a brick wall anybody who could give me some tips or a different site to visit i would be so grateful thanks

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 16 Jun 2008 18:38

Hello Sharon :-)

there is a tips thread specially for genealogical queries where others maybe able to help you. It may be worth posting on there as well. Genealogy questions sometimes get lost on here.

I found this under Cyndis list which lists sites linked to German genealogy:

http://www.CyndisList.com/germany.htm

I hope this helps

Good luck

Lesley

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 16 Jun 2008 18:40

If you put searching for german ancestors into the google search, lots of sites come up

This one looks good

http://www.genealogylinks.net/europe/germany/

Good luck with your research

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 16 Jun 2008 18:45

~~~waves to Kitty~~~

What are you cooking tonight?

ann

ann Report 16 Jun 2008 19:20

I have the same.Son/in/law is german and i have got stuck on his dad.He only knows he was born in Berlin and never had a dad.I have got no hope lol Annie

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 17 Jun 2008 02:38

nudging this for Jay.